01-14-2011 12:43 AM
HP Photosmart 1215 driver package does not install completely (3511_enu_w2k_xp_release) and they say they don't have one for Xp Professional although I found a site ( sorry, I am 73 and don't remenow mber everything) that gave me an earlier split zip version while I was buying winzip, but my computer jumped to restart before saving and I can't find that site again. It even gave instructions how to use it. Could anybody please help?
01-14-2011 12:53 AM
Would it be an option to download the driver from the hp website: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategor
Note: If you have already installed the software for this device and you are either upgrading or re-installing you will need to disconnect the USB cable from your all-in-one, turn the device off, and then uninstall the software. The previous installation can be removed by running the Uninstall Software program via the START\Programs\Hewlett-Packard menu or via Add/Remove Programs in the Windows control panel. Please reboot your PC when prompted. After uninstalling the previous software double click the web package and follow the on screen instructions. Do not plug in the USB cable until you reach the Setup Your Device Now screen. After you plug in the USB cable press the ON button on the front panel to turn your all-in-one on.
1) Download the package
2) Double click the web package and follow the on screen instructions.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own .....
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper