04-17-2009 02:23 PM
04-17-2009 08:52 PM
If the PCs are networked hook the printer to the network. Sounds like they are standalone and you want to hook the printer using USB (?) cables from each PC to the printer. If so a quick google and this http://www.usbswitch.com/ turned up. Not an endorsment just a hit I'm sure there are others out there. You could also connect the 2 PCs together with a hub/switch and ethernet and then share the printer from one of the PCs.
04-18-2009 07:45 AM
What cables you are referring to?A USB cable or Ethernet cable?
If you are trying to install the printer using the Ethernet Cable. Here are some steps:
- A functional Ethernet network that includes an Ethernet router, a switch, or a wireless router with Ethernet ports.
- CAT-5 Ethernet cable.Figure 1: CAT-5 Ethernet cable Click here
- NOTE: Standard Ethernet cables look similar to standard telephone cables, but each has a different number of wires and a different connector. An Ethernet cable connector (also called an RJ-45 connector) is wider, thicker, and always has 8 contacts on the end. A phone connector has between 2 and 6 contacts.
- A desktop computer or laptop with a connection to the Ethernet or wireless router.NOTE: The HP printer supports both 10 and 100Base-TX Ethernet networks. Make sure the network interface card (NIC) can operate at either speed.
- HP recommends Broadband Internet access such as cable or digital subscriber line (DSL).
- Remove the protective cover from the network port on the back of the HP printer.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the network port on the back of the HP printer.Figure 2: Connecting the Ethernet cable to the network port1 - Ethernet network port
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to an available port on the Ethernet router, switch, or wireless router.
- Figure 3: Connecting the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet router Click here
- Once you have connected the HP printer to the network, go to the computer to install the software.
- Quit all applications running on the computer, and disable any firewall or virus detection software.
- Insert the Starter CD that came with the HP printer into the CD-ROM drive on the computer. The CD menu starts automatically. If the CD menu does not start automatically, browse to the CD drive of the computer and double-click Setup.exe .
- On the CD menu, click Install and follow the onscreen instructions.
- On the Connection Type screen, select Wired network/ Wireless , and then click Next .
- On the Identify Printer screen, select the Select from a list of detected printers (Recommended) option and click Next to search for the printer from a list of detected printers.The Printer Found screen displays. If more than one printer is found on the network, the Printers Found screen displays.
- Verify that the printer description is correct by printing a configuration page. Press the Configuration Page button on the printer control panel. Note the MAC hardware address on the configuration page.NOTE: The MAC hardware address can also be found on the MAC address label at the back of the printer.
- Select the device that matches the MAC hardware address or IP address of the printer you want to connect to, and then select Yes, install this printer .
- Select the Wired Network option in the Connection Type screen and click Next .
- If prompted, restart the computer.
- After the computer restarts, the setup configures the computer. Click Finish to complete the installation. Use the Congratulations screen to print a test page, view the readme file, or run the Web registration.
- If you disabled a firewall or virus detection software on the computer, make sure to enable it again.
HP Photosmart C7200 All-in-One Series - Changing the HP All-in-One From a USB Connection to a Networ...------http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
Hope it helps you.Ü
05-26-2010 09:05 AM
I need a little help to network two computer to one printer. both computer have vista, one computer is a HP, DX 2400 with business vista, second computer is a HP, M 8120 N with vista perm, The printer is a HP 7280 all in one. I want to hook both computers to one printer using calbes.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper