Question

Honor Student
stephanies
Message 1 of 7 (3,454 Views)

out of paper error message

I keep getting an error message on the printer display, out of paper.  Though, there is plently of paper and aligned properly.  I've had the printer a bit over a year and have used it less than 10x. 

Teacher
vikramns
Message 2 of 7 (3,445 Views)

Re: out of paper error message

Can you tell us a little more about the model or type of printer?

If this answer was helpful or clarified the issue click the star to offer me a kudo as thanks.
If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution

Although I am an HP Employee, ALL of my posts express MY opinion, and not of HP, whatsoever.
Honor Student
stephanies
Message 3 of 7 (3,437 Views)

I apologize for missing information.  Yes, it is a HP Photosmart C4780.  I have used it 10x and installed the printer over xmas but have had the printer for about 18 months.  i have tried unplugging all the cords.  didn't help.  new stack of paper, etc.  didn't help.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 7 (3,433 Views)

Try cleaning the rollers as shown in this page.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Teacher
vikramns
Message 5 of 7 (3,429 Views)

Follow the steps from the below link:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c02065582

If this answer was helpful or clarified the issue click the star to offer me a kudo as thanks.
If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution

Although I am an HP Employee, ALL of my posts express MY opinion, and not of HP, whatsoever.
Honor Student
fzprice
Message 6 of 7 (3,323 Views)

I'm using a Deskjet 2360. This is a new problem after years of use, and it arose I think because I took the paper out of the tray to interrupt a print job before it started. Now when I try to print, and nothing happens, and I look up the cue, I get "out of paper" at the top of the box. I went through all the on-line procedures, and the printer works with print test: it does print out the test page. Everything else seems in order. page size etc., but it seems that the printer is sending my computer the message that it's out of paper. What can I do?

Student
mikeedoodle
Message 7 of 7 (3,226 Views)

Printer wont print docs. says out of paper.  Not so.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation