Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hello!
M'y PRINT hp 8500a Sadi paper jam . But ther is no paper
HP Recommended

I had the same problem and used the following to fix it. First, I did as recommended in this post and I sprayed WD40 on the gears....that did not help. I then opened the printer again to expose the gears, I twisted the black plastic cover that is over them downward to expose them better. The plastic white gear appeared to be too far left si I took a pen and moved it back to the right, so the female grooves of the gear fit around the male counterpart to the right. The gear clicked into place pretty easily. Once I did this, I plugged the printer back into the socket and fired it up. The printer went through some diagnostics (checking printer, cleaning printer heads, etc) - this took a couple of minutes, but once done, the problem was fixed. I hope that this helps.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem and used the following to fix it. First, I did as recommended in this post and I sprayed WD40 on the gears....that did not help. I then opened the printer again to expose the gears, I twisted the black plastic cover that is over them downward to expose them better. The plastic white gear appeared to be too far left si I took a pen and moved it back to the right, so the female grooves of the gear fit around the male counterpart to the right. The gear clicked into place pretty easily. Once I did this, I plugged the printer back into the socket and fired it up. The printer went through some diagnostics (checking printer, cleaning printer heads, etc) - this took a couple of minutes, but once done, the problem was fixed. I hope that this helps.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this fix. It fixed my "ghost paper jam".  Without people like yourself, more machines would needlessly be dumped in landfills.  HP should be posting more "fix-it" videos on the common mishaps of their machines, because people would buy HP if they knew support was available when something like this went wrong.  Thank you from all of us who have used your picture and instructions to fix our machines!   Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

HP Recommended

@hpoj8500pro wrote:

paper jam error message - HP Officejet 8500 pro -

Their is no paper Jam but still the error message and will not copy 

HP Recommended

@hpoj8500pro wrote:

paper jam error message - HP Officejet 8500 pro - please help, deployed to M.E. no return option w/lovely HP

I have a month old HP Officejet 8500 Pro that is suddenly giving a paperjam error message.  There is no paper jam.  I've spoken with HP Tech Support at length doing resets even blowing the insides out with compressed air to no avail.  This must be a simple error.  I've seen it reported on other boards but it appears everyone is simply swapping out their printers.  Not an option as HP in their infinite wisdom will not replace a defective unit overseas.

I thought there was a paper feeder guide that hung down atop the paper input tray.  This is no longer hangin down... but perhaps I was wrong. If I tilt the printer backwards it will feed and eject a page, but not print.

If someone at HP would be so kind as to enlighten me I'd gladly do what's needed to, take it apart or whatever...

@hpoj8500pro wrote:

paper jam error message - HP Officejet 8500 pro - please help, deployed to M.E. no return option w/lovely HPbut perhaps I was wrong. If I tilt the printer backwards it will feed and eject a page, but not print.

If someone at HP would be so kind as to enlighten me I'd gladly do what's needed to, take it apart or whatever...

HELP... HELP... HELP...  THANKS...

HP Recommended

This month old printer has been out of production for a few years - for good reason.  But if you look through enough posts you may find enough info on how to get the printer working, though if I were you I'd go after the clown who sold it to you for foisting it on you.

HP Recommended

This hint putting some oil into the gears is excellent. It works fine now. Bernhard

HP Recommended

as the attached youtube video shows these paper jams may actually be the fault of a broken plastic gear located on the left side of the printer under a black plastic cover under the printer head.  It is probably cheaper to throw your HP off a high building and buy a new printer than to try and get this fixed.  I am just about done with HP printers.  Anyway, here's the video link.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMFW1RRlDHE 

HP Recommended

A reminder to people; this was not one of HP's best OfficeJet pro series; it had lots of problems, especially mechanically, IMHO.  The 8600 series fixed those, but they have a bad habit of going offline after a while on their own in my experience; still, when working, the 8600's are a lot better.  I'm amazed that this thread on a long now defunct printer series is still alive!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.