Question

Student
jenilynn
Message 1 of 6 (9,630 Views)

paper won' t feed HP Photosmart 3310 All-in-One

When I send something to the printer to print I get the message 'Out of Paper",  Load paper in Main Tray,  Press OK when done.

There is paper in the printer!

Honor Student
kwngtt
Message 2 of 6 (9,463 Views)

Re: paper won' t feed HP Photosmart 3310 All-in-One

This same problem became an easy fix just before I was ready to trash the printer.  To clean the rollers I made my own lint and dust  remover, this is the easy version.  Need 3/4 inch masking tape and 8 to 8 1/2 inch wide cardboard at least 11 in long, the back of a yellow pad is OK.

Lay a 5 inch strip of masking tape along one side of cardboard with 1/2 inch protruding over the top, sticky side up. Use a 1 inch piece f tape to secure the end of this strip on the face of the cardboard. Use another 1 inch strip to attach to the protruding 1/2 inch, fold the end over and stick to back of cardboard so that the strip of tape is tight. Repeat ths process with additional strips laid side by side until entire end of cardboard is covered. There is now a sticky pad 8 to 81/2 in wide and 4 inches long.

Place pad in paper tray, sticky end first and  sticky side up. Fully insert paper tray with pad, and withdraw tray, repeat six or seven times.  The masking tape pad should remove dust etc from the rollers. Remove sticky pad, replace paper. If this does not work, try cleaning again with pad placed on top of a 3/4 full tray.  Good luck.

Student
4011START
Message 3 of 6 (9,453 Views)

HI MY PRINTER IS NEW...NEVER RAN PHOTO PAPER BEFORE.  FIRST TIME IT WOIN'T GRAB PAPER.  HOW CAN IT BE DUSTY ALREADY!!!!!!  VERY ANNOYING..

Student
oldpctech
Message 4 of 6 (9,026 Views)

Just got mine to work (bought from thrift store for US $18) by cleaning the gray paper pickup rollers from the rear with a q-tip and alcohol.  Paper dust build up on printer rollers is a VERY common problem.

HP Photosmart 3310 paper pickup rollers 

Check that your paper path is clear of previous bits of paper from a paper jam.

And finally ensure the proper the alignment of your rollers as previous paper jams can push them out of alignmen, hopefully you can correct this by just pushing them back into place.

Student
crbrwr
Message 5 of 6 (7,746 Views)

thank you, oldpctech, VERY much for the tip on cleaning the small dark gray rollers inside the back cover in the rear, worked perfectly. I used alcohol on a cotton rag.

Student
jpetritus
Message 6 of 6 (4,334 Views)

Darn if this trick didn't work!

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation