photosmart C7250 replaced cartridge but printer still says cartridge empty (1100 Views)
Student
richardlmurphy1
Message 1 of 4 (1,100 Views)

photosmart C7250 replaced cartridge but printer still says cartridge empty

On a C7250 the printer said that the light cyan cartridge was empty.  I replaced it with an HP cartridge; the printer acknowledged that a genuine HO cartridge was installed, and then flipped back to the cartridge empty message.  I repeated this with yet another brand new cartridge and the same thing recurred.  Any suggestions?

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 2 of 4 (1,077 Views)

Re: photosmart C7250 replaced cartridge but printer still says cartridge empty

There may be some residual ink left from the original cartridge in the ink docking location. Do the reset and check the ink locations per this document (but obviously not the last step as you have already replaced the cartridge in question )as it may help with your issue:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01081814&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3382185

007OHMSS

I am a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Student
talis
Message 3 of 4 (515 Views)

I keep getting a message on my pc that my black and magenta cartriges are empty. whenevere I attempt to print sometthing from my computer. on a HP 7200 printer. It is connected directly to my pc and the copy and scan functions work perfectlt. Self test diagnostic page shows all cartriges at 100%. Of course that notice precludes any printing and trhere is no way I can get rid of that notice. I have reinserted said cartriges numerous times. Any sugestions, Talis

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 4 (505 Views)

@tails, sorry that you are having a issue with this error message.

Are you able to print a self-test page or printer status report on the printer itself?

Try to reboot your computer, and see if the message goes away. It seems that a communication issue, may be the cause of this error message on the computer. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation