photosmart premium printer and replacement print head problem (8080 Views)
Student
mtnphotographer
Message 1 of 18 (8,080 Views)

photosmart premium printer and replacement print head problem

Hello; I thought it might help if I asked everyone for help on this one. I have the newer photosmart premium printer and I had the print head go bad. I contacted HP and talked with them more than just a couple times to find and get a new print head. Well I finally ordered it direct from HP and it got here today. Now hits the problem. The new print head is only a 4 cartridge were the old one was a 5 cartridge. I have called HP and got some runaround, but finally talked with a real person. turns out I was told that the print head that they sent me is a new design. Great, maybe they made it better. Well they had me install it anyway and put the new cartridges in it. I now can't use the photo black because there is no spot for it and the regular black flat does not fit in the slot. SO now I have a new print head that is not the same as the old one and now I have to try and figure out what cartridge fits in the new spot. The one they sell on line and in the stores surely will not fit, because it is a totally different configuration than what I have now. If anyone has any info to drop on this problem please let me know. Also, ink cartridges are not cheap and they seem to go real quick. I also now have a twin pack of black that I can not use and one is not even opened yet. I truly hope this is not what HP has come to.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 18 (8,067 Views)

Re: photosmart premium printer and replacement print head problem

Hi mtnphotographer,

I'd like to help you follow up on this. Do you have a reference number from when you contacted Support? (typically a number beginning with an '8')

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Student
mjc280
Message 3 of 18 (8,011 Views)

I too have nothing but trouble with the printhead to my HP Photosmart Plus.  I continually receive an error message that says faulty print head.  I would like to replace the head (the part that holds the ink cartridges but can't seem to find a replacement part number.  This has been faulty since I purchased the printer from Staples but they would not replace the printer. Hmmmm.  Seems to be an HP issue with this particular printer.  HELP - what is the part number?

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 18 (8,002 Views)

Hi mjc280

What model of Photosmart Plus do you have? If, for example, it's the PS Plus b209a, then refer to the link at the top of this page to go to the HP Parts Store (to purchase a new printhead online)

Kind Regards

Ciara

Student
pruett36
Message 5 of 18 (7,890 Views)

I have had the same problem. One day my printer said that the print head was faulty, when I called HP, they gave me the run around and then hung up. I cannot find a replacement print head for my C309g-m and had to purchase a new printer because of this. This has to be a gimmick by HP to force you to buy a new printer every year. Shame on you HP.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 6 of 18 (7,866 Views)

Hi pruett36

Have you tried the HP Part Store to purchase a new printhead, see link here

Student
FireSpirit
Message 7 of 18 (7,574 Views)

Well, I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one with this problem! I, too, have a Photosmart Premium C6380. It is less than 2 yrs. old & was working fine until a couple of weeks ago. I turned it on one day & it said it had an "ink system failure"! So, I went to the HP support website & did everything I was told to do, but nothing worked. I finally got someone on the chat line & as soon as I told him my problem, he got off asap.....no help there. So I went to the HP Parts Store site & there was no printhead to be found. Oh! I neglected to tell you that he did tell me they no longer make that printer & he had no idea where or if  I could find the parts.

I'm really disappointed with HP. I've bought all my computers & printers over the years from them because I felt like they were head & shoulders above everyone else. I don't know what's happened to them, but I'm very reluctant to trust them again after this mess! I agree with the person down below that said they thought they were trying to get people to buy a new printer every year. What a waste of time, money, & resources! Our landfills are already full to the brim with our tech trash. It's time some company goes back to the old fashioned way of doing business & making products that last. I'm sure it can be done.

I feel for you because I've not been able to find a printerhead for this printer.....so I guess I'll have to buy a new one....not so sure it'll be an HP, though.....

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 8 of 18 (7,561 Views)

Hi FireSpirit

Did you search the Part Store for # CN642A?

- Ciara

Student
AlpineJeff
Message 9 of 18 (6,887 Views)

I have an HP Photosmart Premium and I continually get a "Print Head Failure" error.  I am sadly disappointed as I have bought every printer from HP.  I am not sure what to do.

Student
FromCypress
Message 10 of 18 (6,009 Views)

Same problem with CN503A - model c310a

Error message: Ink system failure...

Called HP Part store.. redirected me to HP Shopping..

The rep checked for a while .. Sorry Sir - this product has been discontinued and we no longer have Printhead for this...

was about to redirect.... He got an earful from me.

Ridiculous support. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation