Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have accidentally plugged in my HP Laser Jet 1320 printer (product number Q5927A), that works with 110 volts, into a 220 volts wall plug outlet. Of course it has ceased to work. Is the damage suffered repairable? If so, what do I need to do?  Is it too costly to repair the damaged parts?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi emachi,

Sounds like you will need to replace the power supply, and possibly have damaged a PCA board or two. The only way to figure out how much damage has been done, and what it might cost to repair it is to have an authorized HP technician check the printer out.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Thanks for your cooperation. I have done some searching in HP's site, and I could not find an HP service center in my city: Santa Cruz, Bolivia.  If you have a better way to find out whether there would be some authorized technician from HP here, I would appreciate it. If there isn't one, I would have no other alternative than to have it checked by a non authorized HP technician, which could be a risky deal. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi emachi,

Please contact customer support and they can assist you with finding a repair center or sending the printer to HP to get repaired. http://www8.hp.com/bo/es/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I am currently deployed to Camp Buehring in Kuwait and am in the military.  Are there any service reps that I can call to look at my 110v HP 47000 printer that I also plugged into 220v?

HP Recommended

Hi Xaurthaon,

Since you are in the US military you should be able to get assistance using the normal support phone number at 800-474-6836

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Can someone sugest me what to do ? explain to me what we do 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.