Question

Top Student
roller90
Message 1 of 9 (7,844 Views)

print job will not delete, which halts other print jobs

Maddening issue with some print jobs sticking in print que, then failing to delete when attempting to clear que, which halts any print jobs that follow. Que shows "deleting" but in reality it does not delete. I have tried to go into spooler system and it seems to work when I hit "Stop" then "Start," but do NOT want to have to do this every time. thx for any help.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 9 (7,804 Views)

Re: print job will not delete, which halts other print jobs

On order to clear the Spool, the easiest way is to turn off your printer,

Reboot your PC and then cancel all the documents from the Printers screen.

After the documents has been removed, turn the printer back on.

As the issue ocours more often, please let me know your printer model, how it is connected to your PC and your operating system version, it will help to better understand any possible cause.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Intern
hahayou
Message 3 of 9 (7,791 Views)

hope this helps usually the diagnostic utility does the job dissapear

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02205477&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3204785&tmp...

Top Student
roller90
Message 4 of 9 (7,780 Views)

I still have the issue of documents not printing immediately, or at all. I have run the HP printer utility, which clears the print que, but I do NOT want to have to turn computer/printer off or run utility every time this happens, because it happens once every 2-3 times I try to print.

I am using Windows 7, home premium and the printer is a HP Officejet Pro 8500a... model a910a.

Do I need to switch from wireless to network cable? thx. r.o.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 5 of 9 (7,775 Views)

As your device is connected through the network, i believe that some Securit\y application blocks the network connectivity with your printer, might have to set your firewall not to block the TCP and UDP ports being used.

Please run the network Diagnostics utility, in order to Diagnose your network envoirnment:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL34869/mp-96434-1/HPHNDU.exe

Please let us know which Firewalls are being detected by the tool.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
roller90
Message 6 of 9 (7,761 Views)

[ Edited ]

Keep experiencing same problem, even after running HP print diagnostic that fixes issue at the moment, but not next time I try to print. Can't keep running diagnostic every time I want to print. Too time-consuming.

The problem: Print jobs getting stuck in print que. Happens at least every other time I try to print.

Printer is Officejet Pro 8500a; Model a910a

Seriel # {Removed for privacy}

Windows 7 Home Premium system

thx

ro

Intern
hahayou
Message 7 of 9 (7,753 Views)

try to print for example three documents on a simple format txt for example and verify if the same thing happens if it does not the issue might be with the type of files you are trying to print

Top Student
roller90
Message 8 of 9 (7,736 Views)

How do I print in simple text?

Top Student
roller90
Message 9 of 9 (7,734 Views)

I ran diagnostic and it shows Microsoft firewall is turned off. I do, however, have Mcafee firewalls and a security system called Cyperpatrol that filters bad websites. Neither of these, however, showed up on hp diagnostic scan, so would not think it is an issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation