Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

WordChipper.....man...I just had the same problem with brand new HP cartridges......printer would not eccept them....I did what you said.....it's workin like a champ!......thanks.....d

HP Recommended

Here's what I just did......qtip with rubbing alcohol.....clean the little black window on the underside....clean ( and I know you should NOT have to do this) but clean the little black window....and the 4 contacts.....easily blow dry it.....easily snap it back in.....see what happens.....mine immediately accepted it like it should have.......take care.....d

HP Recommended

I put a new remanufacturer black ink cartrage in my PSC 1500 series all-in-one printer and it is saying that there is not ink.  Worked for about 3 prints and thats about it.

HP Recommended

Could you please clarify what you mean by the little black window.....I cannot see anything that looks like this on the cartridges that I have (both genuine HP and non genuine cartridges).

I too cannot get new cartridges to work, I replaced all of them (using non genuine cartridges) and it won't recognise the magenta colour, so I went and bought a genuine HP magenta thinking the non genuine one must be dodgy, now it accepts the genuine and is telling me all the rest need replacing, even though it had originally recognised them as being okay....they are all new and I have tried cleaning the gold pins and gold connection on the cartridge to no avail.....very frustrating.....printer is only 2 months old, please help!

HP Recommended

I use to be a HP fan.  More and more I grow weary of all the problems I have with more than one HP printer.  There are too many issues and too many failures.  I have bought my last HP printer.  It's sad that they don't give a **bleep** and you have to talk with someone in another country.  That is another reason why this country is going to hell in a hand basket!!

HP Recommended

That was the only way to resuscitate my crappy HP Photosmart 7525 printer.

Don't buy this printer. It is nothing but hours of struggle that you can save yourself by buying a decent printer (if it exists)

HP Recommended

remove and reinstall the indicated ink cartridge,making sure it is correctly installed, and then touch OK

This is to install a 62XL black inan ENVY 7640

HP Recommended

I have had my HP Photosmart 7520 for about 5 years.  Since the first time I had to change the yellow, it hates accepting them.  I used to jam a folded paper above it, I have removed and replaced it several times, and certainly cussed the stupid thing.  I have even given the printer head a bath.  When it works its a darn good printer, but I hate the fact that if I have to replace ink in the middle of a project it will be at least 15 minutes before I can resume. 

I will try your suggestions in the future.  Thank you  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.