12-19-2008 10:44 AM
While troubleshooting a printer I un-installed a LaserJet 1150 and a PhotoSmart 7550.
Both printers worked, I could use etither as I wished but got a pop up on re-boot I wanted to check.
I have re-installed the LaserJet 1150 using the disk that came with it when it was new. During installation, I choose Local Printer and USB connection and the test page prints.
After installation finishes and I re boot, the printer will not print and its' properties shows it is connected to a DOT4 port, not a USB port.
I have not added another port, I am wondering why, when this computer and printer were compatable before, they are not now.
I have not rolled back to a pre-uninstall restore, I want to know what has happened.
Perhaps the un-install was the computer equivalent of a virtual divorce
HP LaserJet 1150.
HP DeskJet 5900.
HP PhotoSmart A-526.
HP PhotoSmart 7550.
Windows XP Pro.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper