Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hp officejet 4215xi all in one,,,,,,,,windows 7 64- bit,,,,,,,,no error messages,,,,,,,,,,no changes made to system

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The printer may have locked up. I would reset the printer like this:

• Unplug the power supply from the rear of the product.
  • Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet, power strip, or surge protector.
  • If the product uses a power module with a detachable power cord, disconnect the cord from the power module.
  • Wait 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the power module.
  • Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet. Do not use a power strip or surge protector.
007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
HP Recommended

Try the following:  click Start, Devices and Printers.  There will likely be several printers, including the Officejet 4215 (or perhaps Officejet 4200 series) Fax and the Officejet 4125 Printer.  Right click on the 4215 Printer and select "Set as Default".

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please clerify your meaning by Fax Mode,

Is there a Fax dialog appearing while printing or any other behaviour?

If there is a Fax Dialog, make sure the Officejet 4200 Series printer is selected and not the 4200 Series Fax by misttake,

You should see it listed while performing a print (File > Print)

A printers list should appear.

Clerify if you may not seeing the series printer at all or any other behaviour

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have unpluged the printer and allow it to reset and that didi not clear it up.  Jerry

HP Recommended

It worked !  I read many other messages on how to fix this, and your answer was the best and easiest !  Thank you !

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.