10-25-2011 08:47 AM
The printer may have locked up. I would reset the printer like this:
- Unplug the power supply from the rear of the product.
- Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet, power strip, or surge protector.
- If the product uses a power module with a detachable power cord, disconnect the cord from the power module.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the power module.
- Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet. Do not use a power strip or surge protector.
I was a support engineer for HP.
If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
10-25-2011 08:49 AM - edited 10-25-2011 11:55 AM
Try the following: click Start, Devices and Printers. There will likely be several printers, including the Officejet 4215 (or perhaps Officejet 4200 series) Fax and the Officejet 4125 Printer. Right click on the 4215 Printer and select "Set as Default".
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
10-25-2011 08:51 AM
Please clerify your meaning by Fax Mode,
Is there a Fax dialog appearing while printing or any other behaviour?
If there is a Fax Dialog, make sure the Officejet 4200 Series printer is selected and not the 4200 Series Fax by misttake,
You should see it listed while performing a print (File > Print)
A printers list should appear.
Clerify if you may not seeing the series printer at all or any other behaviour
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper