Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My hp officejet 6110xi all-in-one appears to be working fine but after "printing" the page comes out blank. I have tried a hard re-start and have gone on-line to do a HP print diagnosis - the diagnosis did not detect a problem but when I printed the test page it was blank.  Any ideas appreciated!!  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Likely your cartridges have dried out, possibly due to removing power from the printer before the cartridges have had a chance to park.  Try running three cleaning cycles from the toolbox as described here then try printing a test page as described in this page.   If there is some hint of printing (even a few wisps) then the electronics is OK.  In this case further cleaning cycles may help.  If not then soaking the printhead in about 1" of very hot water for 10 minutes or so may clear the nozzles.

If there is still no sign of printing it may indicate an electrical failure of the printer drive electronics.  You could check the cartridges by blotting them on a damp tissue.  A good cartridge will leave a dark blot of cyan, magenta and yellow or black depending on the cartridge.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

What happens if you make a black copy? Or a colour copy?

Have you checked the ink recently ? You may be out. I would also advise you to check the expiration date on these cartridges.

I would also advise you to remove the cart's, unplug the print, plug it back in and wait until it prompts you to put the cartridges in.

Trained on Mac and Windows for inkjet printers.
**Although I work for HP, I do not represent them in these forums**
If I've resolved your issue please mark as Accepted Solution so others can use my advice! ^.^
HP Recommended

black or color - both produce a blank page.  I tried removing  both ink cartridges, unplugging the machine and then reconnecting , reinstalled the cartridges but same thing. thanks for your ideas!

HP Recommended

Likely your cartridges have dried out, possibly due to removing power from the printer before the cartridges have had a chance to park.  Try running three cleaning cycles from the toolbox as described here then try printing a test page as described in this page.   If there is some hint of printing (even a few wisps) then the electronics is OK.  In this case further cleaning cycles may help.  If not then soaking the printhead in about 1" of very hot water for 10 minutes or so may clear the nozzles.

If there is still no sign of printing it may indicate an electrical failure of the printer drive electronics.  You could check the cartridges by blotting them on a damp tissue.  A good cartridge will leave a dark blot of cyan, magenta and yellow or black depending on the cartridge.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

thanks for your help!  I'm back in business

HP Recommended

My print a test page prints in all colors. my alignment page prints fine but the printer doesn't recognize the alignment page.The printer diagnostic suggests everything is a ok, but the printer still prints blank pages when printing from the computer.

HP Recommended

This worked for me. I bought my printer used, and I guess it had been sitting on a shelf for a long time. I had to soak my print heads and then they finally worked.

HP Recommended
Tried cleaning printhead 4 times and cartridges leave ink on damp towel, but still nothing prints on the test page or if I try to copy
HP Recommended

I have same problem.  Clean Print Head done many times.  Did Alignment many times. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.