printer will not accept command to print from computer (736 Views)
Student
jb247
Message 1 of 5 (736 Views)

printer will not accept command to print from computer

Ichanged the ink cartridges and did everything as far asalignment and scan and the printer will not accept command to print from computer.  I am a new user.  Did I do something wrong.

Student
maltease7
Message 2 of 5 (714 Views)

Re: printer will not accept command to print from computer

new computer.  went through the start up steps ok.  i think this is the first printng i havr done.  it keeps saying printer is offlne, and i cannot figure how to get it online because it is new to me.  help asap please.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 5 (706 Views)

jb247 wrote:

Ichanged the ink cartridges and did everything as far asalignment and scan and the printer will not accept command to print from computer.  I am a new user.  Did I do something wrong.

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system? How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN, bluetooth? Are there any error messages on the printer or computer screen?

Running the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 5 (705 Views)

maltease7 wrote:

new computer.  went through the start up steps ok.  i think this is the first printng i havr done.  it keeps saying printer is offlne, and i cannot figure how to get it online because it is new to me.  help asap please.

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system? How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN, bluetooth? Are there any error messages on the printer or computer screen?

Running the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.  If this is a new computer you will need to load the appropriate drivers before you can print.  Typically you will need to load the driver (probably from a CD supplied with the printer, or perhaps downloaded from HP) before connecting the printer.  If you have already connected the printer then disconnect it from the computer and install the driver.  Do not connect the printer until instructed to by the installer.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
Message 5 of 5 (92 Views)

jb247 wrote:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation