Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (7,516 Views)

printer won't do labels!!! help!!

I just installed a Photosmart Plus B209 a-m.  Have used a few times for regular print jobs; however, when I try to print address labels, the blank sheet won't feed into printer.  what can I do??

Top Student
Message 2 of 5 (7,485 Views)

Re: printer won't do labels!!! help!!

I think I am seeing a pettern here in the foums.  Today I was looking for why I was having a similar problem with checks not printing in a C7250.  I will guess that your labels have some pre-printed information on them and the printer is rejecting it as an invalid paper size.

See these similar issues:

I think you should try the white label trick sugegsted in the canaray thread.  Place the label over some of the pre-printed areas on your forms and see if that helps.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 5 (7,318 Views)

I had this same issue and found nothing that worked on the forums.  I print silver foil address labels and they are necessary for my business.  I found a solution that has worked 100% on my HP 309a ever since.

Go into your printer "properties" and choose a "paper type" that is similar to the labels you are using.  For the foils I print in photo quality and set it to photo paper, for white labels I set it to plain paper. 

For some reason I think the hang up is in the printer trying to "automatic"ally sense your paper type (I could be way off but it seemed logical).  Ever since I started to manually enter the paper type, I have not had one single issue and I LOVE the quality of the photos.

Hope this helps someone out there with the same problem because in the beginning I could not have been more frustrated.  Even brought one back and exchanged it because I thought there was a defect lol.

Good luck everyone Smiley Happy  Lisa

Message 4 of 5 (5,862 Views)

Not that anyone should have to go through all of this to make a stinking printer print labels, but I found this solution to work for my HP 7000 E809A:

• Remove the "Negative Space" part of the label page - everything but the actual labels
  • Print setup is "Glossy brochure"
  • Paper type is "Other specialty paper"
  • Print Quality is "Normal"

I found that I had to go to the print preferences each time I wanted to print a page of labels (not when printing multiple pages in one print job) and it worked.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 5 (1,810 Views)

[ Edited ]

The paper stock may surely not that fit for the printer, so if you need to resize them the way you want feeding them to the printer may not work or simply undetected by the printer. Try this , if you need your work be fixed by quality printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation