Question

Top Student
jcollis217
Message 1 of 2 (2,493 Views)

printer won't print, its offline how can a change this ?

I have a HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-ALL-IN-ONE C410 Series printer.  My OP is Window 7 Home Edition.  Offline come on my printer and won't let documents leave the queue.  How can I correct this?

Student
Cokeloc
Message 2 of 2 (2,420 Views)

Re: printer won't print, its offline how can a change this ?

For some reason the Port number changes in the Printer Properties. The easiest way to find the port number is to print out your printer status report. The port number is listed under Connectivity Settings and starts like 192.168.xxxxx  Now that you have that number, go to your Devices and Printers from your start menu and right click your printer, then click printer properties (not the one at the bottom). Click on the Tab at the top that says "Ports".  Now click on the tab near the bottom right that says, "configure ports". Where it says Printer Name or IP address, type in the port listed on your printout then press OK.This should fix the problem permanently and your wireless printer should remain "ready".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation