printhead failure (1803 Views)
Student
ratboy66
Message 1 of 2 (1,803 Views)

printhead failure

I bought my officejet 8500 a little over a year ago. I use it infrequently. A printhead just failed. HP admits that it can't control the failure. The printer is now a piece of rat**bleep** that can't be fixed, and I'm out the $229 and the cost of the cartridges. Never buy a piece of rat**bleep** HP computer or printer. They won't do anything about an admitted failure that is built in.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (1,802 Views)

Re: printhead failure

All ranting aside, the printheads are user replaceable parts that do wear out over time.  I would start with the troubleshooting steps in this page.  If that does not resolve the issue replace the affected printhead.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation