Question

EMQ Honor Student
Honor Student
EMQ
Message 1 of 4 (191 Views)
Accepted Solution

printing an emailed scan

[ Edited ]

I have no problem scanning an article to my computer and then printing it.  But when I email that same scan, the receiving person is not able to print it.  I have an officejet 4620

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (181 Views)

Re: printing an emailed scan

What format are you scanning into - jpg or pdf?  Is the recipient able to open the scan but not able to print it?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

EMQ Honor Student
Honor Student
EMQ
Message 3 of 4 (161 Views)

Thank you for your prompt answer.

I am scanning in jpeg.    I'm sending from a PC running windows 7 and the scan is going to an ipad.  They are able to see it clearly but not print it.  I can print the scan out perfectly.  I tried scanning one PDF  with the same results.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 4 (152 Views)

UNfortunately I am not a Mac expert, but it seems clear the issue is not with your scan if the Ipad can open and see the file properly.  Can they print anything else?  Can they print jpg files  downloaded from the internet?  You may want to try posting in the Mac Printing and Scanning forum.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation