Question

Student
rose1
Message 1 of 6 (5,668 Views)

printing different pictures on one page

Hi I'm running Windows Vista and I have a HP 6500 All-in-one.  I'd like for it to print 4 different pictures at a time on the same 8 x 11 sheet but cannot seem to figure out how to do it.  I used to be able to do it with my old printer.  Now I can only print one picture in a corner and the rest of the page is blank, I know I can flip the page and print on it again but I'd like to just print multiple pictures on one page instead of having four of the same pictures on it.  Any help with this would be awesome!
Professor
007OHMSS
Message 2 of 6 (5,658 Views)

Re: printing different pictures on one page

The easiest way to print multiple images on one sheet is to use the print option by selecting the 4 images in windows explorer. Right click on one of the selections, then left click on print. Options will show up toward the right about how the printout is to look, simply select the correct layout to print.

Now, to print that way through a photo editing program, such as Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro; the selections would have to be made in that program. Those selections for printing layout would vary by software.

Our advice is strictly limited to the question(s) asked and is based on the information provided to us.  HP does not assume any responsibility or liability for the advice given. 

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Honor Student
wbport
Message 3 of 6 (5,280 Views)

Same question, but how can I add a caption to the pictures.

TIA

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 4 of 6 (5,267 Views)

Adding a caption to an image would be done through some sort of photo editing software. Keep in mind, that if you add a caption it will be changing the original image irreversibly. If you make a copy of the original image, just add the text/caption  to the copy. You can use software such as Adobe Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Windows Paint, and a multitude of others.

Printing the image would then be done the same way as before.

007OHMSS

Honor Student
toonice
Message 5 of 6 (3,937 Views)

That is not what happens to me when i follow your directions. welcome to the phot printing wizard comes up and then you select next, then picture selection comes up,  all checked pictures will be printed. then printing options, select the printer and paper you want to use,when selecting printer preferences it takes you to the 6500 e709a series properties, printing shortcts ,features, advanced, are all the selections and none of them provide an alternate way to print more than one pic on the same page

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 6 of 6 (3,909 Views)

Printing multiple pictures on a single page depends on the drivers that are loaded onto your system. The type of printer can make a difference, for example drivers for a Photosmart printer generally give more options in photo printing than an Officejet printer. That is simply due to the printer market, business vs. image printing.

If the 6500 does not have that ability in the drivers, you will have to be more creative. On printers that do not give me that option, I will use a program like Paint to create a larger image that includes all 4 (or more) images that I want to print on a single page. Simply paste them into a larger dimension image that fits the aspect ration of the media being printed on, arrange them how you would like the page to look, and print it that way. I know that may take a little more time, but the results are always more consistent. Hope that helps.

007OHMSS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation