Question

Honor Student
lhester43
Message 1 of 4 (756 Views)

printing partial page

Looking for advice on how to resolve an odd printing issue.  Using HP OfficeJet 6500 E709a Series all-in-one printer with Windows 7 Home Premium. Prints fine about half the time, but prints only a partial page the rest of the time. One page comes out fine, the next page prints half or maybe three-quarters of the page, and the next page comes out fine! No changes made to my OS, software, print settings, etc. No help through troubleshooting; no error messages; no problems found through diagnostics. Wasted a lot of ink, paper, and time on this...seriously considering trashing this machine. Would love to hear from someone who successfully resolved this issue. Thanks.  

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (733 Views)

Re: printing partial page

[ Edited ]

Please read this post then provide some details.   How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN, bluetooth? Are there any error messages on the printer or computer screen when printing is interrupted?  When the printer only prints half a page does it go through the motions of printing the rest (but page is blank) or does it stop mid-page and eject the page?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
lhester43
Message 3 of 4 (729 Views)

Appreciate your response. As noted in my post, no error messages. Connected by USB. Printing halts abruptly and the page is ejected.

Honor Student
lhester43
Message 4 of 4 (727 Views)

Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device, used Install Wizard to test the drivers, followed all instructions in troubleshooting, etc. "No problem found." Problem not fixed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation