Question

Honor Student
achafuen
Message 1 of 6 (582 Views)

psc 1350 prints text with shadow in Windows 7

My all in one psc 1350 prints the text with shadow since I upgraded to Windows 7, the buttons do not work, but the rest does, any suggestions about how I can correct the shadow issue? 

I tried to upgrade the driver, but with no success

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 6 (573 Views)

Re: psc 1350 prints text with shadow in Windows 7

What happens if you make a copy of a text page - do you get the same shadow?  If so the issue is likely the cartridge rather than the driver, since the computer is not used to make copies. In this case cleaning the printheads may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
achafuen
Message 3 of 6 (564 Views)

[ Edited ]

Text from copies come out fine,  I installed the printer in a laptop with XP and text prints well [I learned later that this was not the case, new text prints with shadows].  At first I thought it was the cartridge alignement also.  Thanks for paying attention to my question.

Honor Student
achafuen
Message 4 of 6 (559 Views)

I thought that Printer was working OK with the laptop XP, but all the new text still prints with shadows (we printed forms for college, and the text in the forms prints OK, the one we typed in, comes with shadows. . . ).  Weird, printer was working fine before we upgraded to Windows 7 . . . 

Honor Student
achafuen
Message 5 of 6 (557 Views)

My last diagnostics: psc 1350 is printing with shadows all text that I input in a web or pdf form in both XP and 7.

In notepad, XP prints fine, 7 still with shadows.

Copies come out fine.

There seems to be some software issue in the driver . . .

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 6 (547 Views)

My guess would be this is due to a color cartridge with misdirected nozzles.  Printing from PDF or a web page would print the text as a graphic which would use the color cartridge.  Try the following:  remove the color cartridge and print a page that previously was shadowed.  Does it now print correctly?  If so the issue is the color cartridge and running a cleaning cycle may help.  It is also possible that the color cartridge has failed electrically, causing it to fire nozzles inappropriately.  In this case a new cartridge would be required.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation