Question

Student
pgovekar
Message 1 of 2 (315 Views)

psc 2510 and mac os 10.6

I am using a MacBook Pro running MAC OS 10.6 and an HP PSC 2510 All-In-One. Whenever I send a job to the pringer i get an error message: "Error/System/Library/pr..." and at the top of the dialog box is :" PSC 2500 series @0036ed1c1e4 (Fax) (1job)" Which makes me suspect the printer dialog box is calling up the fax instead of the printer. When i try to install printer drivers HP says they are already installed in Snow Leopard.

Any help so I can print would be appreciated.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 2 (286 Views)

Re: psc 2510 and mac os 10.6

Hi.

By checking the product page, the Driver for Mac OS 10.6 is included within the system,

The Printer installation package you are using is not intended for Snow Leopard, as you may see in the list below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=219&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=30377...

Please make sure to unplug the device and remove any installed software for that printer by using the HP uninstaller located under Applications / Hewllet-Packard.

Reboot your Mac, plug the USB cable and add the printer through the System Preferences\Print& Fax.

Make sure to check for any HP update after adding the printer as following:

Apple > Check For Software Update. Make sure to install any available HP Update.

Please let me know if the issue has been resolved or not :smileyhappy:

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation