01-12-2010 07:36 AM
Can anybody explain to me what an "Electrical Failed Pen" error is? I am now getting this error after replacing one of my cartridges. This seems like a downgrade from the problem I was having yesterday, but at least the printer is telling me WHAT the error is now.
Any ideas? "Electrical failed pen"?
01-13-2010 12:02 PM - edited 01-13-2010 12:04 PM
This error would indicate an electrical problem with your ink cartridge. Cleaning the cartridge contacts as shown here may resolve the issue. In the future please mention your printer model and other pertinent information, it would help in providing answers.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper