Question

Student
RMartin
Message 1 of 2 (1,729 Views)

"HPLaserJetService.exe has encounterd a problem and needs to close

LaserJet CP1525nw with Windows XP.  Occasionally a popup notification states that "HPLaserJetService.exe has encounterd a problem and needs to close", even with the printer turned off.  What is the cause and how do I correct it?

Student
k1hc
Message 2 of 2 (1,357 Views)

Re: "HPLaserJetService.exe has encounterd a problem and needs to close

I see that you have not had a reply to this post since January.  That is terrible.  I am having the same problem and this pop-up notice comes up about once a minute for several minutes and then it pops up less frequently.  It does not matter whether the printer is on or not.  The full text is:

HPLaserJetService.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.  If you were in the middle of something, the information you wre working on might be lost.  Please tell Microsoft about this problem.  We have created an error report that you can send us.  We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.  To see what data this error report contsins click here. 
It gives choices of "debug" "send error report" and "don't send"  It does not seem to matter what I click on. The end result is still the same.  The pop-up keeps coming.  I am running Windows XP with all updates.

Please!  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation