"Ink System Failure" HP 7280 error message 0xc05d1381 (1916 Views)
Student
ljtrehy
Message 1 of 2 (1,916 Views)

"Ink System Failure" HP 7280 error message 0xc05d1381

I was getting the "!" on 2 of the cartridges, so I changed them, but I was still being asked to print in black only.

I had searched for and downloaded a newer driver for the printer, but have now got messages on the printers little screen saying "Ink System Failure" , also improper shut down - use power button only - which I did - and got an "ink Cartridge Jam" message at least once.

After seeing an HP video on clearing out the jam, I followed the instructions to "reset the printer", check all areas for paper jams and found nothing, can move the cartridge head freely back and forth if I remove the power when the head is not in the docked position.

My printer head does not have the lever needed to follow the instructions to remove and clean.

I'm out of options. 

Has any one ordered a new print head for this printer, and installed it themselves?  Is this an option I should try next?

Any one having the same problem? 

Honor Student
gab202
Message 2 of 2 (1,784 Views)

Re: "Ink System Failure" HP 7280 error message 0xc05d1381

Ink system failure errors are usually caused of some defective printheads or ink cartridge. If you can find a separate printhead to replace it that would be an option you can try and see the results, otherwise try to do a hard reset on the printer. Hp photosmart c7280 is not hard to handle as it has all the available buttons in the front panel, you can follow the steps here on how to reset hp printer --if all of these are done and still got he same error, you can try and call for support. :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation