Question

Student
guyfrommi
Message 1 of 15 (21,554 Views)

"Reset Power" message on OfficeJet 6310

This printer was provided by HP support as a replacement for a 1610.  Now this one (received in 4/08)

flashes the "Reset Power" message on the front panel when trying to print ANYTHING.  Didn't have the

problem until 3 weeks ago, when it would sometimes print.

I have deinstalled and reinstalled both printer and drivers.  Worked fine today for about 4 minutes, then returned

to presenting me with "Reset Power".

I'm led to believe there may be a firmware issue which would require printer replacement.  Any other tips

available.

Thanks and regards. 

Honor Student
multitaskprinte
Message 2 of 15 (21,116 Views)

Re: "Reset Power" message on OfficeJet 6310

Hi,

I just had a situation where the screen on my 6310 briefly said "reset power".  Now I cannot turn the printer on and the little camera icon in the lower left corner where all the photo disc slots are is blinking furiously. 

Have you had any resolve on your problem?

PhD Student
smartfriend
Message 3 of 15 (21,104 Views)

Try this:

1. Unplug the power cord and the usb cable from the back of the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

3. Wait for 2 minutes.

4. Reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet only.

5. While the cords at the back of the printer is still unplug, press and hold the pound (#) and six (6) buttons.

6. While holding the two buttons, reconnect the pwoer cord to the back of the printer and after two seconds, release pound and six.

7. Wait for the printer to re-align.

Please click on KUDOS if you find my solution helpful.
Honor Student
multitaskprinte
Message 4 of 15 (21,099 Views)

Thank you for the suggestion.  However, it did not work and the camera icon is still flashing a mile a minute and the unit will not turn on.  I'm sure it is probably something simple but if I only knew what!
Master's Graduate
Miles
Message 5 of 15 (20,948 Views)

Hello,

I pulled these steps from a doc, but I'm afraid they're the steps you've already tried. If so, I would advise you to call support (1-800-HPINVENT) as your product may need to be serviced.

Step one - Turn the unit off and on
1. Press the Power button to turn the unit off.
2. Press the Power button to turn the unit back on.
3. Try to print a simple print job or copy
Step two - Service the product
If you have completed all of the steps listed above and are still experiencing a problem, service your product.
Miles
HP Employee
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 6 of 15 (20,944 Views)

I would like to add that you make sure that the printer is connected to a wall socket directly, and not a surge protector or a power strip.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
Faro
Message 7 of 15 (14,059 Views)

This problem is on every forum and HP are obviously aware of the problem and are refusing to acknowledge the problem and post solutions other than standard resets which do not work.

My guess is it's a date trip and it means time to buy new HP printer.

Honor Student
sam_2008
Message 8 of 15 (11,271 Views)

I am getting the Reset Power message on my Office Jet 6310, and it will not print after resetting, it goes back to the reset power message, what is wrong the this printer, if I can't get this fixed, I will be buying a new printer and

it will not be a HP!!!

Student
RAFALAVIGNA
Message 9 of 15 (8,407 Views)

Hello,

I was with the same problem and (i don't know why) i tried to open the Scanner where the cartridge is, then push the cartridge (wich was on the left) to the right side. I had done this with the HP turned off.

Then, just turn it on again and it's fixed.

Top Student
davidsf444
Message 10 of 15 (7,232 Views)

I'm having the same problem and nothing works.  I'll never buy an HP printer again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation