08-21-2009 05:48 PM
Try this one.
Turn off printer
unplug the power cord from back of the printer
press and hold # and 6 at the same time and plug the power cord back in
wait for atleast 5 seconds and turn printer back on
08-22-2009 09:04 AM
It would help if you would provide details of the issue, for example: What printer model?
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
08-27-2009 03:30 AM
Any further thoughts on my"carriage jam" on my HP officejet Pro L7680? I now see that it wants me to open the "print carriage access door" and clear the jam. I've been opening the "print cartridge access door" and clear the jam. Where is the "print carriage access door"? I've opened and closed everything looking for a jam and there is none! I tried the suggested reset with no success, as well. Appreciate your help.
12-20-2010 10:38 AM - last edited on 04-10-2011 09:58 PM by MrMatthew
I have done all this stuff too and can't get it to work. Also, I'm getting an improper shutdown message when it restarts even though I have pressed the button to shutdown. Any further suggestions? davids1951
[Personal Information Removed]
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper