Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
CF147A
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Opened rear door to clear paper jam and now it won't close properly. Looking directly at printer from rear, the right hand side is hanging up and won't close fine 1/8th inch. Message appears that read door is open.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Fehrr,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that while clearing a paper jam from the rear of your HP LaserJet Pro 200 color Printer M251nw, the rear door on your printer will not close. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue. Please follow the steps below to see if we can get this rear door to close.

1. Power off your HP Laserjet and disconnect the power cable

2. Turn the printer around and open the rear door again

3. Check for any debris or paper that may be causing the hinges not to close all the way. If everything looks good you simply close the rear door. Ensure that both sides of the rear door click into place. It may take a bit of force.

- Source

If the door still fails to close on the right hand side, open the rear door again. At the bottom you will see two black hinges that allow the door to move up and down. Check the right hand side hinge to see if it has come out of place or is defective.

Ultimately, if everything looks good and the door still refuses to shut than the next step would be to contacting our Technical Support queue by phone to explore additional hardware options.

HP Technical Support can be reached at: 800-474-6836.

If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

HP Worldwide Contact

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. Best of luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. The fix involves reshaping a door close pivot arm so that it has more angle to it. It's located in the upper right corner of the back door as you're facing it. It snaps out from the top. I don't know if you can get a replacement part from HP or not. I would think they would have it if you didn't want to take the little unit apart and warm up the plastic to twist it slightly.

HP Recommended

ebuddie

Which way did you twist the pivot arm after you heated it up?

Can you post a pic showing what it is I'm looking for?

Thanks

HP Recommended

You have to bend the part that the top of the door pin pushes against so that there is more of an angle to it.  When the pivot arm deforms, it is too vertical.  The door pin cannot make the pivot arm slide upwards so it just bangs against it instead of moving it up out of the way.

HP Recommended

Now I see what pin you're describing as there are a half dozen pins on this door. It's the pin that's on the upper right corner of the door that goes into this rectagular square hole that has this little tiny "plastic?"tab that it pushes against. It's like the pin needs to be longer to push the tab further back into the opening. This an easy fix!

Saved me from having to buy another printer!

Thanks!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.