remove and check cartridge on right (41500 Views)
Student
puma95
Message 1 of 18 (41,500 Views)

remove and check cartridge on right

How to reslove this error on 2613 hp ? cart on right is new and original hp

please help

Student
rorki
Message 2 of 18 (41,481 Views)

Re: remove and check cartridge on right

I can't help you - unfortunately this is a widespread issue with many different HP printers...  About time they fixed it I think!

My 2575 has the same issue so I'm left printing in backup-mode (colour only), a brand-new HPcartridge HAS NOT HELPED and they're NOT CHEAP!

See on this link how many times this a fix for this has been asked, maybe we can elevate the issue on THIS forum???

http://www.fixya.com/SearchInGroup.aspx?cstm=0&_s=remove+and+check+cartridge+on+right

HP!! CAN YOU HELP??

This could be a firmware issue where the cartridge error flag is set and not checked after you re-seat it.  Tried the: remove USB, remove both inks, switch off for a minute or so, then reverse, STILL NO JOY...

Looking forward to a response as I sure are a whole load of others,

thanks in advance,

Jon.

Tutor
ethrestroh
Message 3 of 18 (39,832 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am agree with the above post, there is only one solution contact customer care support center of HP.

Message Edited by ethrestroh on 09-09-2009 02:35 AM
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 18 (39,796 Views)

puma95 wrote:

How to reslove this error on 2613 hp ? cart on right is new and original hp

please help

It is for a different printer model but try the first three steps in this link.

Regards,

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
waynewal
Message 5 of 18 (39,579 Views)

Having same proglem. Finding that in other web sites HP has programmed the system to remember only 2 ink cartridges. apparently the only way to solve this after cleaning does not work is to disassemble and remove the battery, wait a while, then replace batery and reassemble the printer.

The next solution, is NEVER to buy another HP printer again, 

I have had 7-8 Hp's and helped choose HP1200's for my office  - about 30 in all. If this does not fix my HP7410, I will never buy another HP product again.

Wayne Walusiak

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 18 (39,539 Views)

waynewal wrote:

Having same problem. Finding that in other web sites HP has programmed the system to remember only 2 ink cartridges. apparently the only way to solve this after cleaning does not work is to disassemble and remove the battery, wait a while, then replace battery and reassemble the printer.

There is a lot of misinformation in "other web sites".  Neither the Officejet 7410 or the Photosmart 2610 series printers have a battery in the printer. The memory stores information about the most recent cartridges, but this information is only used to determine ink levels and the need for alignment, it has nothing to do with the "remove and check" message.

Try cleaning the cartridge contacts as shown here (for a different cartridge, but similar).  If that does not help check the spring and make sure it has not become dislodged and damaged the flex as shown here.  If the flex is damaged your printer will require service.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
ElectricGeneral
Message 7 of 18 (39,051 Views)

There are MANY forums about this issue.  MANY of the forums have accurate information as well as misleading information.

One of the accurate forums indicates a well known problem with HP 7410 All-in-one printers. 

The small metal springs have not been attached to the printer very well and become dislodged or break.  When you go to replace an ink cartridge this broken metal spring can get pushed into the poorly designed "flex" and easily rip through the runs.

I have a 7410 and, while printing on a typical 24 lb paper, the paper somehow misfed.  This resulted in the paper and the "flex" contacting each other and the "flex" just ripped.

A piece of paper ripped the "flex".  Can you imagine how cheaply designed this "flex" is to allow a piece of paper to rip it?

We are talking about a printer. 

It prints on PAPER.

That's pretty much ALL it is designed to do.

And this thing is so poorly designed it will allow a piece of paper to tear it.

I work for one of the largest companies in the world.  THOUSANDS of our emplyees work from their home offices.  We are constantly asked about the products we use and give recommendations/suggestions to management regarding the purchase of things such as laptops, cell phones and PRINTERS.

How is HP going to address this WELL KNOWN issue? 

Honor Student
ElectricGeneral
Message 8 of 18 (39,045 Views)

You can read a very large number of posts about this issue on this website.  Don't believe what the HP employees tell you when they say "other web sites" have inaccurate information.  Some do but most are accurate. 

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/46650

Contact HP about your problem here: 

http://h30261.www3.hp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=71087&p=irol-govboard

Honor Student
waynewal
Message 9 of 18 (39,019 Views)

I found a problem. The little wire that aligns when you insert the rh cartridge attachesto a little piece of plastic that holds it upright about mid way between the 1st and 2nd bed in that wire. Obviously going to be expensive to fix since it is a one-piece item with the whole secton that holds the carrier for the print cartridges. Will try support, but I just bought a new HP 8500 for $189.00 at SAM's Club! Why get it fixed. The documnet feeder on the 7400is garbageand not worth the hassle. Hmm, maybe I will get it fixed and sell it on EBAY.
Student
DaveEllis1
Message 10 of 18 (38,376 Views)

Hi Bob:

Yes, this is the exact solution!  The photo is our situation precisely.

The spring in our cartridge rack became dislodged and punctured the circuit board.

The problem is identified.  The solution ...

Now, next question, is this circuit board a part that the ordinary consumer could order and install?

with the appropriate instructions?

Thanks for your solution to the printer error message.  We're on the right track.

DaveEllis1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation