Question

115 Honor Student
Honor Student
Message 1 of 10 (413 Views)
Accepted Solution

right side of the touch scren is not working. What can I do to fix it? Office Jet 6500A Plus

The right sideof the touch screen on my Office Jet 6500A Plus does not work.  Therefore I cannot fax even tho I can receive faxes.  . I can copy and scan because that side works.  What an I do about this?

Distinguished Professor
DevRao
Message 2 of 10 (407 Views)

Re: right side of the touch scren is not working. What can I do to fix it? Office Jet 6500A Plus

Hi,

Try connecting the printer to a different wall outlet and try again.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Associate Professor
kkcb9395
Message 3 of 10 (407 Views)

Re: right side of the touch scren is not working. What can I do to fix it? Office Jet 6500A Plus

Hi - If the touch screen is physically giving you problems, about the only thing I would recommend trying before sending into repair, is a hardware reset.  You do that by disconnecing the power from the back of the printer and from the outlet.  Wait 60 seconds, then plug the power back into both the printer and computer.  If that doesn't resolve the issue, service is the only option that I'm aware of....

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Master's Graduate
mtbaughs
Message 4 of 10 (403 Views)

Have you tried faxing with Windows Fax ands scan? You might be able to execute a fax from there.  What happened with the buttons? They won't respond at all?

I was an HP employee

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
115 Honor Student
Honor Student
Message 5 of 10 (391 Views)

The Copy and Scan work, buttons work, but the Fax, Ink status do not.  Any ideas?

Honor Student
jonimac
Message 6 of 10 (382 Views)

I have the same printer Officejet 6500A Plus and I'm having the same problem. The touch screen use to work fine. All of a sudden the right side selections don't work. FAX, APPS, INK status all don't respond. I can't copy in color since the selection is on the right side. The menu arrows, back arrow, question and home selections outside the screen function, but nothing in the right side screen. This must be a defect to happen more than once and on the same printer. Cmon HP!

Distinguished Professor
DevRao
Message 7 of 10 (376 Views)

Hi 115 and jonimac,

Please eset the printer to its factory defaults and then try again, reset instructions has been sent to you as a private message.

NOTE: Reset will clear all user defined settings.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
115 Honor Student
Honor Student
Message 8 of 10 (369 Views)

In reply to the message below, turning off the pwer did not help.  Thanks.

Student
jodrop
Message 9 of 10 (326 Views)

The right bottom side of my touch screen also is not working anymore.  What can I do to fix it?  officejet 6500A plus.

So cannot color copy from the touch screen because that option is in lower right corner.  Cannot pluss the down arrow in setup because that is in the lower right area of screen.

Honor Student
HeatherSD
Message 10 of 10 (254 Views)

Did we find a solution to this problem? I have the same issue with my 8500 A910 and see that there are so amny posts with this problem. It is obviously a defective product part and should be recalled.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation