rrq320044
Message 1 of 8 (15,084 Views)
Accepted Solution

setup installation of hp photosmart for windows 8

HP Photosmart 5515

Windows 8

Cannot install the printer software

Setup/Installation Disk do not run under Windows 8

(suggestion:  Any printer software compatible with HP Photosmart 5515/Windows 8?

Thanks!

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 8 (15,079 Views)

Re: setup installation of hp photosmart for windows 8

Hi,

You can check from the following link:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-8-Release-Preview/How-to-Get-Your-Inkjet-Printer-Working-with-W...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
rrq320044
Message 3 of 8 (15,065 Views)

Muchas gracias amigo!  Yes, I used your recomendation and install succesfully just the driver for HP Photosmart 5515 for Windows 8.  Now, what I cannot use is the scanning software.  The printer software IS NOT applicable for Windows 8 and I cannot install the scanning capabilities (the setup disk wil not run with Windows 8.  Any solution for that, maybe a different scan software or compatible printer?  Thanks again.

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 8 (15,051 Views)

Hi,

I believe all vendors will release drivers and utilities .... for their products around the same time with Windows 8. BUT not all, some older products (say 2 or 3yrs old) may miss out. I've posted my comments few times: A product has been running flawlessly and MS "makes" it useless. Who is at fault ? MS, HP, Dell, Brother, Toshia, Samsung, Sony ... or user ?

Hope this makes sense.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
contentminute
Message 5 of 8 (11,943 Views)

[ Edited ]

Here a HP link that enables to install Hp photosmart 5515 with Windows 8 (64bits). Just click on "telecharger" to install the software .

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-108851-2&cc=fr&dlc=fr&lc=fr...=

Student
Buttys
Message 6 of 8 (8,208 Views)

Many thanks, the registration process for the printer is a little labourious but once done should be quicker. The link above works perfectly. Thank you.

Provost
banhien
Message 7 of 8 (6,327 Views)

Hi,

More than one year from my first reply. This message is coming back to my box. Pleae note: HP has a full list of printers which support Windows 8 and a tool how to install proper driver(s):

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03168175

Regards.

BH
Student
MrsSP
Message 8 of 8 (3,902 Views)

Can't find software suite for Windows 8.1.  My model is HP Photosmart B110A.  Prints fine but scan software incompatible.  Other threads on here seem to indicate that it isn't and won't be available - is this correct?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation