Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I keep getting an error message that the printer cartridge cradle is stuck and to clear the paper jam. I have no paper jam and  i have tried to unstick the cradle, cleaning the rollers, I have tried all the trouble shooting but can not clear. anyone have this problem or know how to fix this on a photosmart 7550
25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

My HP 7550 just started doing that too.  I don't know if it is a coincidence, but I had just replaced one of the cartridges.  Moving the carriage by hand (reaching in above the paper tray) does not seem to help and hitting OK -- the printer begins to reset itself, and the cartridge cradle shoots across to the other side at a very high speed, and goes right back to 'cradle-jammed' status.

This printer has been a long time favorite, and I'd really hate to lose it.  I wonder if anyone else has heard of this issue.

HP Recommended

Just saw the other message from tbrake36.  I don't think my problem is the same -- the cradle moves freely from left to right when I push with my hand, but the system locks up with the "cradle jam" message.  I also forgot to mention that after moving the carriage and hitting okay, the cradle shoots over from right to left, and then the light around the Print button turns red and flickers -- no message whatever on the screen.  My last attempt today, I had unhooked the machine from the printer and was trying to print a test page from the printer menu.

I'd appreciate any help.

HP Recommended

hi i also have photosmart 7550. I am also facing the same problem as you said there is no difference in the issue which myself and you are facing. I tried all possibilities to clear the jam to reset evrything but its unresolved yet.

I hope somebody can help

HP Recommended

I get the same message printer cartridge cradle is stuck and when I clear it the cradle moves slowly to one side and then SLAMS against the other side and the message appears again. I replaced it with my HP 6210 All In One printer and now it is giving me stuck cartridge messages as well. Getting very frustrated with HP printers.

I emailed HP support for help. I will relay their response to my email in this thread. 

HP Recommended
I sincerely apologize if this is a dumb question, but I don't know how to use these forums - so please excuse me if I'm annoying people, but I'm wondering how I find out if a solution was found or not to a particular problem - I'm having the same cartridge jam problem as others seem to be having with my HP Photosmart 7550, but I don't know how to tell if someone has presented a solution or not. Can anyone help me? Thank you so much.
HP Recommended

Hi, I am having this same problem with a photosmart 8150. Did you ever get a solution?

HP Recommended

hi all,

I am not sure what all troubleshooting has been done, but ready the posts I didn't sense any partial or full resets being done.  Sometimes this clears up the Paper Jam or Carriage Jam messages.  Depending on your printer; some may have clips holding cartridges in and some don't.

You might try the partial and/or full reset provided by the document listed below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00035736

The reset puts the printer in a "restart" mode to go through the setting up of the printer hardware.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up + in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
HP Recommended

Thanx for the link, but the instructions are not too precise. The instructions are pretty clear until you reach the instruction that states,"Locate and then roll the internal rollers in an upward direction until a clicking sound is heard." I found 3 other rollers, other than the wheels in the back of the printer, one short roller underneath the cartridge 'home' position that would not turn; and the other two rollers tha would turn, but would never issue the clicks enumerated in the instruction.

Can anyone elaborate on the instructions in this link?

HP Recommended

I'm afraid I cannot be of any further use to this forum.  I never was able to solve the problem, and gave my 7550 away to Goodwill.  Replaced it with an Epson R1900, which is fine - it has more features, and accepts icc profiles, with the 7550 did nto.  I guess HP has an equivalent.  Do miss the old 7550, it was a very comfortable machine to work with.  Too bad.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.