Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Question:

Does it make any difference what drive letter I use? 

Naturally not the one's that are currently in use.

HP Recommended

Hi summerlin3,

No it doesn't matter what drive letter you give it as long as it is not already being used.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Bless you HP employee your recommendation worked like a charm.

Thank You

Summerlin3

HP Recommended

Hi summerlin3,

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Have a great day.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
Thank you.
Summerlin3
HP Recommended

You keep giving the same directions, but what if your "My Computer" does not give the option of Map Network Drive?  What next?

HP Recommended

Fix not working.

Why doesn't HP submit a download fix to this problem?

Great printer but poor support.

HP Recommended

Hi folks,

I understand some of you are having an issue mapping the network drive because the option is unavailable. Let's try something a little different, instead of looking for Map Network Drive in My Computer, we can try looking for Explore. Use the steps in the following document to Transfer Photos from the Printer to the Computer.

For those of you who use a Mac computer, use Macintosh: Transfer Images from a Memory Card to a Computer Running OS X.

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Thanks a LOT for the info. Worked GREAT!
HP Recommended

Hey, HP Expert - I tried mapping the network drive, too. It did not work. Extremely frustrating, as my "old" Photosmart was so simple even my 8 year old could transfer photos from her photo card to the computer, and manipulate them from there. When I tried to replace the Photosmart, was told it was no longer available and that the new HP Envy series took its place. First of all, the NEW printer has only an SD slot (my Photosmart had 3 sizes of slots, which accommodated my older camera). When I insert a camera card into the 7640, not only do I NOT get any Import options, nothing else happens, either. Nothing on my computer screen, nothing on the printer's screen. Plus, the silly thing keeps going into sleep mode! What's with THAT - it's hardly doing anything to warrant going to sleep.

HP - I would like to go on record: Your "new and improved" is pretty lousy, and if that's all you can give us, it's going to be all over FaceBook in no time. Word of mouth runs quickly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.