11-19-2008 10:36 AM
I have an HP Photosmart C6380 All in one printer and am making some postcards. Does it use more ink to print these out individually or should I just color copy. I want to use the least amount of ink possible.
11-19-2008 11:04 AM
It will not make any appreciable difference to either print or copy. There will be differences due to the print settings and how the prints are made:
- Printing large batches will be more economical than printing single copies. There is some overhead at the start of each print (pr copy) job, so printing ten copies at once is better than ten seperate jobs of one print each.
- Printing in Draft mode uses about half the ink of either Normal or Best modes.
- Printing on Photo media uses more ink than Inkjet paper or plain paper.
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper