Question

Student
allerski
Message 1 of 2 (3,250 Views)

which uses more ink?

I have an HP Photosmart C6380 All in one printer and am making some postcards.  Does it use more ink to print these out individually or should I just color copy.  I want to use the least amount of ink possible. 

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (3,271 Views)

Re: which uses more ink?

It will not make any appreciable difference to either print or copy.  There will be differences due to the print settings and how the prints are made:

• Printing large batches will be more economical than printing single copies.  There is some overhead at the start of each print (pr copy) job, so printing ten copies at once is better than ten seperate jobs of one print each. 
  • Printing in Draft mode uses about half the ink of either Normal or Best modes.
  • Printing on Photo media uses more ink than Inkjet paper or plain paper.

Regards,

Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation