Question

Student
afterglow82
Message 1 of 2 (2,264 Views)

why won't my printer print?

have a HP deskjet F2280, one of those scanner/copier/printer combos, and for some reason it just wont print. it was working fine last time i used it, i know it has full ink, and the copier is working., and im getting no error messages

it seems to be that the command to print isn't getting from the computer to the printer.

I've tried printing a test page, that's not doing anything either. I can't find a troubleshoot option - and im not sure it'd help anyway, cos the computer doesnt seem to realise there is anything wrong with the printer. I've tried the USB cable in different USB ports that i know for sure are working, so THAT's not the problem, and i've tried a different USB cable.

i just dont understand it, it's like the two jut aren't communicating

any ideas? im completely stuck!

Spoiler

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 2 (2,217 Views)

Re: why won't my printer print?

[ Edited ]

Does a self test print? press and hold the Cancel button & then press the Start Copy Color button

The F2280 is the default printer?

Have you tried the HP diag tools http://www.hp.com/go/tools

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation