Question

Honor Student
maryann
Message 1 of 11 (18,011 Views)

wrong colors

My printer seems to not be mixing the colors properly.  Most blues print as magenta..I have the latest driver.  Any ideas?
PhD Student
smartfriend
Message 2 of 11 (18,005 Views)

Re: wrong colors

hi there,

what is the model of your printer?

Please click on KUDOS if you find my solution helpful.
Honor Student
maryann
Message 3 of 11 (17,997 Views)

its a deskjet all in one f 4135....I thought maybe the cartridges needed to be replaced even though the levels indicated they were ok.  seems that blue prints magenta, but so does some yellow print pink.   i,e,  i have a yellow roadster and wanted to print a pix, part of the car printed yellow and some pink.  if i print from the interner anything blue prints magenta...i have the latest driver.
PhD Student
smartfriend
Message 4 of 11 (17,989 Views)

Please click on the link below for the solution:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00866254&dlc=en&product=3235308

I hope that works.

Please click on KUDOS if you find my solution helpful.
Student
gjvon
Message 5 of 11 (17,802 Views)

I have a hp F4180  with the same problem,dark blue colors print out as magenta, light brown colors print out as pink, red prints out as orange, light blue prints out purple, I tried to adjust color in the advanced color settings and the colors didnt change. I put the magenta scale at minus 50 and the colors printed out exactly the same. This is my second color cartridge and the colors are not bleeding together. I printed a page from a football pool site where all the team logos are on one page.  My old  computer/printer  prints the page out fine( lexmark printer )   The test page looks ok and cleaning the nozzles did not work. any sugestions?
Top Student
KeithWeisshar
Message 6 of 11 (16,870 Views)

[ Edited ]
I'm having the same problem with my Deskjet F4180 printer, blue appears as magenta, etc.
Message Edited by KeithWeisshar on 10-09-2009 03:10 PM
Message Edited by KeithWeisshar on 10-09-2009 03:34 PM
Student
susan007xx
Message 7 of 11 (15,994 Views)

Does anyone have a solution for this? I made it partway as follows: when I plug in my HP F4180 to my XP netbook, it prints blue as blue. So it is NOT the cartridges. Don't throw your perfectly good cartridges in the trash as I did... 

However when the HP F4180 is plugged into my windows 7 desktop, as it has been for  while now (with no problem that I noticed), it prints blue as pink. Over and over again. So I'm throwing good cartridges into the trash, and running many unusable test pages... just thought I would post this to save someone else the trouble.

Now the remaining question: how do I get my Windows 7 PC to print blue as blue? Thanks

Tutor
cappa_j
Message 8 of 11 (15,968 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm having the exact same problem! I started another post (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/HP-Deskjet-F4180-prints-photos-with-a-purple-h...), but so far haven't found a solution...

I'm also on Vista - the problem started around the week of June 21. Don't know when I last updated Vista, or the HP software, but perhaps a recent update is making this happen?

Tutor
cappa_j
Message 9 of 11 (15,878 Views)

Fixed it!

I completely uninstalled the printer from my computer, then installed it again, and it's working perfectly! Don't know what the problem was, but reinstalling fixed everything.

:smileyvery-happy:

Student
SLHUS
Message 10 of 11 (9,662 Views)

I have an HP Photosmart C7180 All in one printer which is doing exactly the same, printing in pink when it should be blue.  I've tried un-installing the printer and re-installing but to no avail.  Any other ideas as I'm getting desperate.  I've already spent £40 replacing all the cartridges despite the levels being almost full.  Many thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation