Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Sorry about the duplicate post, but this is probably the more appropriate place to put it.

I have been going round and round with HP support on my Photosmart Premium All-In-One C310 printer, regarding a bound up (or stuck) scanner/copier bar assembly.

I was asked to perform the following:

Perform Semi Full Reset on the Printer

Support Menu : Button Sequence from Home/Idle Screen:
BL/TL/BR/TL. Press touchscreen button "Support Menu". [after power on]

This set of instructions are some of the most cryptic I have ever seen. Those of you who have C310's know what I'm talking about!

Or am I just missing something obvious?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI, it means you have to touch buttons on the touchscreen. Andit will only work from the normal standby screen. The shortcuts BL means Bottom Left, TL is top left, BR is bottem Right and TR is top right. See picture below.

panel.jpg

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI, it means you have to touch buttons on the touchscreen. Andit will only work from the normal standby screen. The shortcuts BL means Bottom Left, TL is top left, BR is bottem Right and TR is top right. See picture below.

panel.jpg

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

HP Recommended

Thanks for clearing that up. Nevertheless, the combination of those buttons in that specific sequence did nothing for me from the normal standby screen.

HP Recommended

I did get this to finally work. I think I was pressing the buttons a little too hard, as it worked when I pressed them lightly. Of course, this didn't resolve my main issue, but that's in another post.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.