Question

Honor Student
cornbinder595
Message 1 of 4 (54 Views)

Error number 0x80040702

On my laptop w/ vista and 2 users I installed the desktop software [v6.2]. On the first user all works fine. When I switch to the 2nd user the program fails to start w/ a message referencing Error number 0x80040702 failed to load dll hsapi Both users are admin accounts, vista home, 2 Treo 755p's. Thanks, Dan

Post relates to: Treo 755p (Verizon)

PhD Student
thetreoguy
Message 2 of 4 (54 Views)

Re: Error number 0x80040702

Hello!

Unfortunately the Palm Desktop software does not support Multi-user interface through windows.  You will have to install the softwre to one Windows user and use it from that given user.  You can still hotsync the 2 treos with their own usernames, just need to do this under the same user the software was installed in.

Post relates to: Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM)

Honor Student
cornbinder595
Message 3 of 4 (54 Views)

Thanks, for the info. Sometimes it is the simple solutions (just can't be done) that get overlooked.

Thought about adding a new user named "Palm" and installing it there after deleting it from my account, but that limits it's usefulness. We could both use the software but then when we download programs to install they would have to be put in a public folder then log into the "Palm" user to install them. (I think that would work anyways) Nor could I cut and paste text in to the desktop program. Maybe someone has a better solution

Better limited functionality and backing up (syncing) the Treo than nothing. I sure hope Palm is working on this. Multiple user OS's have been around for a long time.

Thanks again for the help,

Dan 

Post relates to: Treo 755p (Verizon)

Master's Graduate
DTfromBH
Message 4 of 4 (54 Views)

Just LogOn and LogOff instead of using SwitchUser.

Post relates to: Palm TX

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation