Question

Student
Frank2010
Message 1 of 14 (1,910 Views)

Hot Sync Palm Zire 71 windows 7 failure

Hi, I have a Zire 71 that will not Sync with new HP Laptop running Windows 7. Anybody got it running yet? Advice and help please? Thanks

Post relates to: Zire 71

Tutor
Tireman9
Message 2 of 14 (1,910 Views)

Re: Hot Sync Palm Zire 71 windows 7 failure

Maybe you need to do the same as the Tungsten users do. Go with IRDA USB.  Read those posts for solution. Worked for me with my Tungsten E
Professor
AlanG_1
Message 3 of 14 (1,910 Views)

Please take a look at this thread for Palm OS sync options with Windows 7.

Alan G

Student
Chrisytuk
Message 4 of 14 (1,910 Views)

Hello!! Did you find a solution?? I have tried EVERITHYNG and nobody can get my Zire 71 to work with Windows 7, I need help!!!

Student
chipatecua
Message 5 of 14 (1,910 Views)

The only way that I fond was to install a virtual machine in my pc with windows 7 and enable the port com1. the virtual machine that I used is the virtualbox
Top Student
wallsgrove
Message 6 of 14 (1,910 Views)

Zire 72s - trusty and dependable (and depended on...).  Would not sync with my new Windows 7 laptop - Home Premium version (grossly misnamed as it's the very basic lowest-common-denominator version for PCs).

1 - Bought the "Anytime Upgrade" to "Professional" - about $90 at Staples

2 - Upgraded the laptop - very time-consuming and difficult, but finally worked and now says "professional" on the splash screen.  The upgrade process is arcane and klutsy, but I finally got it to work on my 4th try

3 - Ran the XP emulator (virtual machine...) - it ran first time I tried

4 - Downloaded the Palm Desktop (version 6.something) and installed same

5 - Ran the Palm Desktop, and then clicked on "USB" at the top of the XP screen - it recognised the Zire!

6 - It synchronized!!!  Glory be...

no IRd, no bluetooth, no hardware.  Just $$ to Microsoft to get one of their products to do what it should have done in the first place. 

Student
Wilson3702
Message 7 of 14 (1,910 Views)

I have just upgraded? my PC to Windows 7 (Home Premium)  from Vista.

When I tried to do a hot sync the pc went into appoplexy and shut down.  I have done this several times and everytime it fails and the pc immediately shuts domn and reboots!!  The Zire software works fine on the PC but I cannot sync!

Any suggestions

Professor
AlanG_1
Message 8 of 14 (1,910 Views)

I have seen this problem with Windows XP when the USB driver has become corrupted. To try and resolve it, reinstall the Palm Desktop software over the to of the current version. That should drop in a new USB driver. If not, you may want to try uninstalling and then reinstalling Palm Desktop.

Alan G
Student
mjh4001
Message 9 of 14 (1,786 Views)

It's been 2 years since I upgraded to a Windows 7 64 bit system and I finally found the missing driver that allows the synching of a Zire 71 with my desktop!  Follow the link below and the directions they provide to install it and you'll be synching in no time.

http://aceeca.com/index.php?option=com_maqmahelpdesk&Itemid=5&id_workgroup=1&task=downloads_product&...

Enjoy!

Provost
WyreNut
Message 10 of 14 (1,781 Views)

Hello mjh4001, thanks for reminding everyone!

We've had a link to this and instructions posted as a sticky post for over a year now.  See the "64 bit Windows USB drivers for Palm Desktop" thread at the top of this section of the Forum.

Acceca really stepped up to the plate, eh?  :smileyhappy:

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation