Question

Honor Student
kamiller757
Message 1 of 5 (149 Views)

Hotsync freezes at synchronizing date book step 2 of 12

Last week for no apparent reason, I lost my date book and addresses from the palm desktop software on my notebook.  I had been able to hotsync w/o problems, but now I can't get the calendar and address book to come on on the desktop software.  What I get when I open it are media files...i.e. pictures.  What gives?  I have reinstalled and removed the software numerous times and the hotsync continues to freeze at syncing date book step 2 of 12.  I have Outlook 2010 and the sync works with it (the sync software stating the synch was successful), but no data is transferred (my looking at the calendar and contacts list.  What steps do I need to take?

Post relates to: Palm TX

Student
Rogerhc
Message 2 of 5 (149 Views)

Re: Hotsync freezes at synchronizing date book step 2 of 12

I have the exact same problem and it started within the past week.  I have a Zire 22 and although it syncs OK with my computer at work, it stopped working on my home computer.  It freezes while trying to sync the calendar/date book.  I tried loading the latest version of Palm desktop (6.2.2) but that did not fix the problem.  My operating system is XP Pro with SP3.  Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be appreciated.

Honor Student
kamiller757
Message 3 of 5 (148 Views)

Mine is a Palm Tx and I use Windows 7.  I redownloaded the Hotsync 6.2 again...and get the same results.  If I accept this is the way it is, then I don't have a backup of the data in the Palm and my documentation of all my appointments is gone.

Student
paulocomputers
Message 4 of 5 (148 Views)

I have the same issue. Was able to sync To Do list, Memo, Addresses. System freezes while syncing Date Book (2 of 12 completed). I am running Windows 7

Student
Grah
Message 5 of 5 (148 Views)

I have the same problem.my palm tungsten E2 has started to freeze when synchronizing with pc. It freezes at Date book and I notice there are 2 date books listed on the detail. how do I solve this? I have Win7 64bit and use the palm deaktop 6.2

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation