Question

Honor Student
drsbd2020
Message 1 of 5 (105 Views)

Inability of the Palm 6.2 to recognize Hebrew letters.

After upgrading to the Palm version 6.2, when I Hot-Syncd I saw that all the Hebrew letters from my "Piloc" program were replaced with  "?" marks. Is there any way to prevent this from happening ? I'd actually rather not go back to the previous version unless I have to( to preserve the Hebrew). I thank you in advance for your help.

Post relates to: Palm TX

PhD Student
oldpalmtreouser
Message 2 of 5 (105 Views)

Re: Inability of the Palm 6.2 to recognize Hebrew letters.

palm desktop 6.2 doesn't have the localization option that's why it can't read any other letters except english. unlike the previous versions where it has localization option. it's evident when you use it with multilingual devices such as the TX or LifeDrive.
Honor Student
cecilrosa
Message 3 of 5 (105 Views)

Do we know if Palm plans to add Hebrew support for palm desktop 6?
Provost
WyreNut
Message 4 of 5 (105 Views)

Palm does not own Palm Desktop.  Silly, I know.

It's owned by a company from Japan by the name of "Access".

They appear to have ended support for the program since PalmOS appears to be dead.  When the last Centro is sold, there will be no more PalmOS devices left.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Top Student
nashoomoo
Message 5 of 5 (105 Views)

I want to share my findings with others if it was helpful send me an email at nashoomoo@yahoo.com 
After thinking that it going to be unable to use my dream to synchronize a palm with a desktop application I try with palm desktop, and it is not going so I try with outlook but without lock 
for a whole week I am sitting here and try to figure out how to make the connection with Hebrew untill now

It seems that god has been listening to me and even to that thing he gives me the gift
now I have vista, so I go to.
Regional and Language options
/administrative tab
/Change System Locale
/I change it to Hebrew Israel
and to my wonder, I see its working,
I can't believe it. It comes to my dream.
Now, I don't know if this is helpful for you, but I feel I must share this with everybody. And if it going to be helpful for you contact me and remember to thank go-d for he is the one who helps me.
And see to spread it over the globe so never again will someone struggle with this with the creators help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation