Question

Tutor
magicman265
Message 1 of 2 (536 Views)

Palm Desktop 6.2

Palm Desktop 6.2.2

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and Palm Desktop 6.2.  For some reason, the desktop calendar has started showing the start of my day as 5:00 a.m. instead of the usual 8:00 a.m. as it has in the past.

I don’t why it has changed the start of my day on the desktop calendar to 5:00 a.m. I went to Tools > Preferences and made sure that the time was set to 8:00 a.m. I have tried several different times to change the start of my day other times, but it always goes back to 5:00 a.m. no matter what time I change it to.

I cannot figure a way to make the calendar to start my day at 8:00 a.m. again.

Is there a corrupt file somewhere????

Any workable solution would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Distinguished Professor
smkranz
Message 2 of 2 (526 Views)

Re: Palm Desktop 6.2

[ Edited ]

Hi there, I don't recall ever seeing your question here before, so it's good to get a first :smileytongue: (sorry that it's at your expense :smileysurprised:).

If it is a corruption problem, or perhaps a damaged record, you could try a "clean uninstall" followed by reinstallation.  There is a utility in Palm Desktop to repair damaged records (somewhere in the Tools menu), which you could also try first. Here are the instructions for a clean uninstall.

Do you sync with a handheld/phone, or just use Palm Desktop for your calendar?  If you sync with a device and the problem is within a bad record, you might just reintroduce the problem back when you Hotsync.  Just to cover your bases, try installing and running a freeware utility on the handheld from www.pimlicosoftware.com called DbFixIt.  It will identify and let you delete corrupted records or "blobs" of data, and for a low fee you can register it, and it will repair damaged records.  This runs only on the handheld.

One more thing occurs to me to check.  See if you have any calendar events (appointments, tasks, alarms) which either start before 8 a.m. (maybe set by accident), or which span midnight (i.e. start one day, end on another).  Maybe that could cause the display to override your chosen start time of day.

_______
smkranz
I am a volunteer, and not an HP employee.
Palm OS ∙ webOS ∙ Android
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation