Question
Palm z22 using Windows 7.
Replies (13)

Student
NatG
Message 11 of 14 (927 Views)

Re: Palm z22 using Windows 7.

Thanks, SNRS! Thank you so much!  This worked, just like you said it would! Hallelujah! I have a Palm z22 that I love and was SO disappointed to learn that I would not be able to use it (AFTER I had already upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit OS). 

I found the driver from Aceeca by doing a Google search on line for "aceeca palm driver". I downloaded the driver and the troubleshooter guide. Then, I uninstalled the Palm software from Access that was on my computer and reinstalled Palm 4.1.4e (which is the new name for Palm 4.2 for Windows).  Before syncing my Palm (during the software installation), I followed the instructions in the troubleshooter guide, and voila! success.

I was so happy, I ran around my house singing "hallelujah!" Thanks Aceeca. Thanks SNRS! NO THANKS Palm. You should support your loyal customers. It's shameful that you couldn't have provided a patch for those of us who don't wish to use smartphones. I will NOT be upgrading to another Palm device in the future. You should have kept at least one PDA offering that wasn't a smartphone!

Provost
WyreNut
Message 12 of 14 (927 Views)

NatG wrote:

I was so happy, I ran around my house singing "hallelujah!" Thanks Aceeca. Thanks SNRS! NO THANKS Palm. You should support your loyal customers. It's shameful that you couldn't have provided a patch for those of us who don't wish to use smartphones. I will NOT be upgrading to another Palm device in the future. You should have kept at least one PDA offering that wasn't a smartphone!

Hi NatG, glad you found the driver information here in the Forum.  I've had a sticky post with a link to the driver up since 4/26/11.

Just an FYI - there are no Palm devices anymore, so ranting at a company that doesn't exist makes little sense. 

The reason a patch did not appear from Palm has been explained in the Forum many times - Palm hasn't owned the rights to Palm Desktop for over a decade!  The company who bought it (PalmSource) sold it to a company from Japan by the name of Access.  This company is the one you should be directing your displeasure to.  It was their choice to not make 64bit drivers, not Palm's.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Student
LOL2326
Message 13 of 14 (927 Views)

Thank you, thank you to SNRS and NatG and WyreNut.  I love my Palm Z22.

When my OLD, OLD computer died and had to be replaced with a Windows 7

machine I thought my Palm goose was cooked.  But thanks to the messages

from the Support Community I was able to download and install the needed

driver.  Now I can HotSync my Z22!  Thanks to you all.  Your're the greatest.

Tutor
jujupalm
Message 14 of 14 (927 Views)

I am so close and yet so lost. When I confirmed in 2010 with some remnant of Palm.com over the phone that my new Windows 7 HP 64-bit would not sync with my Palm because Palm wasn't making a new driver, I uninstalled the Palm software and started syncing on an older Windows XP computer. Now my question is, do I need to reinstall the software on the disc that came with my Palm Z22 onto the Windows 7 computer in order to get this driver to work?

And if so, part of installing is syncing the Palm....will I lose the info on my Palm when I try to sync it during installation?? Do I re-use my same Palm username or do I need a new one or does none of that matter bc it won't sync anyway?!

Also, does anyone know if Splash shopper, the list app included on the original installation CD by any chance still works with this new driver or am I dreaming?

Any help on any of this is greatly appreciated!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation