Question

Top Student
ottawar
Message 1 of 7 (177 Views)
Accepted Solution

Syncing Tungsten T5 with Outlook

No device

I've been syncing my Tungsten T5 with my Outlook for a few years now. I've had a problem with my computer and the hard disk was replaced. I've reinstalled the software, but I'm not sure what I did originally to be able to sync with Outlook. Any help to get this back would be appreciated.

Grad Student
reb1_1
Message 2 of 7 (177 Views)

Re: Syncing Tungsten T5 with Outlook

If you are using a desktop version other than 6.2 than there is an update for the 2007 outlook conduits for windows computers. http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.palm.com/palmoutlook2007conduits.zip

This may or may not solve the problem.

When posting please inform us of operating system such as XP, Vista, 7. 32bit or 64bit and which version of palm desktop you are using.

Top Student
ottawar
Message 3 of 7 (177 Views)

The Palm OS is 4.1.4 and I'm using Windows XP.

Grad Student
reb1_1
Message 4 of 7 (177 Views)

The posted software update was written for your operating system so it should work. The reason I stated other than desktop 6.2 is that it has the conduits built in it but it was written for the Vista operating system and does not always play well with the XP operating system.

Top Student
ottawar
Message 5 of 7 (177 Views)

Thanks. I did install it and I ran it.  Was there any specific action for me to take? The HotSync is still unable to establish a connection to the desktop.

Grad Student
reb1_1
Message 6 of 7 (177 Views)

Okay you did not mention you could not hotsync at all. There is a sticky on the subject. Please go through this first. Than post with any problems and somebody should be able to help. http://forums.palm.com/t5/Windows-HotSync/START-HERE-HOTSYNC-TROUBLESHOOTING-START-HERE/td-p/107353

Top Student
ottawar
Message 7 of 7 (177 Views)

Ok. It's now working. I'm not sure which one of the steps did it, but I suspect that downloading the 6.2 version was the main component. Although I'm not sure why as it was working previously without that. I do want to thank you very much for your time and assistance and I apologize for not providing all relevant info.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation