centro email shutting off my phone (7 Views)
Honor Student
regmount
Message 1 of 6 (7 Views)

centro email shutting off my phone

At a certain point I got an error message that said I had low memory so I went in to deltete my messages from email..  They wouldnt delete.  Now when I try to  go into my email the phone turns off automatically.  So I can delete  and I cant retrieve.  I have a centro. and Im pulling mail from a webmail account.

any suggestions on how I might fix this problem? 

Post relates to: Centro (Sprint)

Associate Professor
legendeld
Message 2 of 6 (7 Views)

Re: centro email shutting off my phone

How much free memory does the device currently have? From the home screen click on the menu button (bottom right hand corner of keypad) Then go to info.

Post relates to: None

Honor Student
regmount
Message 3 of 6 (7 Views)

I currently 36.8 of 68.8

Associate Professor
legendeld
Message 4 of 6 (7 Views)

Remove and leave the battery out for ten seconds. Then replace it and before doing anything go into the email and try to delete them again. It that fails then you might be looking at a hard reset to clear out the account.

Honor Student
regmount
Message 5 of 6 (7 Views)

I still cant even get into the email. It shuts off before even getting into the application.

Associate Professor
legendeld
Message 6 of 6 (7 Views)

Then you're going to need to hard reset. before syncing back to the PC make sure to set the Backup conduit to "Do Nothing"

This will prevent anything other that your PIM data from returning to the device. You will need to reconfigure the email account plus any 3rd party applications.

Message Edited by legendeld on 08-27-2008 11:46 AM
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation