Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  I have windows 8 and this worked so I can now sync my treo650 ! 

HP Recommended

@CompDave1 wrote:

The instructions written by WyreNut also talk about when I am installing the drivers to "direct to the Aceera folder you unpacked the drivers to . . ."  When I clicked on the zipped folder I downloaded it opened and showed me the 5 files I mentioned above.  Do I need to create a separate folder and call it "Aceera" and put some of the files into it?  If I do need to create an "Aceera" folder which files do I need to put in it?

Hi CompDave1, I edited that line to make it a bit clearer.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

This is seeming a lot more complicated than I can handle.  I have a strong feeling that I am going to lose 15 years of data and there is nothing I can do about it.  I really don't understand why no one on this Forum can seem to remember only a short year ago when this forum published information and a link to a set of drivers that would allow the Palm OS to be sync'ed with the desktop via a Bluetooth connection unless no one here wants to remember.  I really wish I could find the posts here in this Forum about the Bluetooth drivers but I can't.  Oh well!

Once I "unpack" the files from the zipped folder do I need to create a separate folder to put them in or can they stay in my Downloads folder along with everything else I have there?  Also, as I stated in my earlier email, there are five filed in the zip folder.  Which one do I point the Palm OS installer to or do I create a folder for the unpacked Aceeca files?

HP Recommended
CompDave1
When you Extract the zipped folder a new folder will be created with the same name as the zipped folder. It can stay in in the Downloads folder. The Driver (AceecaUSBDx64.sys) is the only System file in the folder.
Did you open the PDF Driver Install Guide in the folder? It will help with the install
HP Recommended

@CompDave1 wrote:

I have a strong feeling that I am going to lose 15 years of data and there is nothing I can do about it.

There is no reason for losing data.  If you are concerned, before you do another thing download a freeware app called NVBackup.  Either install it using your old PC, or copy the .prc file to a SD card (1 GB or smaller, regular SD not SDHC), into the /palm/launcher folder on the card.  If you use a new card, format it first in the E2.  Then run NVBackup (if necessary from the copy on the card).  It will make a complete copy of your entire device...apps, data, settings, the works.

@CompDave1 wrote:

I really don't understand why no one on this Forum can seem to remember only a short year ago when this forum published information and a link to a set of drivers that would allow the Palm OS to be sync'ed with the desktop via a Bluetooth connection unless no one here wants to remember.

WyreNut and I have been reading, helping folks, and moderating the Palm Forums for many years now.  If what you seem to remember reading was posted on the Forums, I'm pretty sure we would know about it.  If it was only a year or so ago, it would have been migrated to these boards from the old Palm home.

That said, it is my experience since the move, that the Search function here on our new home seems to miss a lot of stuff.  Unfortunately, the old site has now been completely taken down and redirected to here, so the old site can no longer be searched.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
HP Recommended

@CompDave1 wrote:

This is seeming a lot more complicated than I can handle.  I have a strong feeling that I am going to lose 15 years of data and there is nothing I can do about it.  I really don't understand why no one on this Forum can seem to remember only a short year ago when this forum published information and a link to a set of drivers that would allow the Palm OS to be sync'ed with the desktop via a Bluetooth connection unless no one here wants to remember.  I really wish I could find the posts here in this Forum about the Bluetooth drivers but I can't.  Oh well!

Once I "unpack" the files from the zipped folder do I need to create a separate folder to put them in or can they stay in my Downloads folder along with everything else I have there?  Also, as I stated in my earlier email, there are five filed in the zip folder.  Which one do I point the Palm OS installer to or do I create a folder for the unpacked Aceeca files?

CompDave1 - both myself and smkranz are the experts that were doing all the answering in the old Forum.  Both of us have assured you there are no special BlueTooth drivers to download.

Insinuating we are choosing "not to remember" is not a good way to treat folks who are trying to help you...

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended
This is the link I found referring to BlueTooth syncing with Win7. Hopefully it's the one you were thinking of:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Palm-OS-WinMo-Hardware-and-Software/Windows-7-and-Vista-hotsync-instruc...

WyreNut
HP Recommended

@ WyreNut, @ smkranz I want to thank both of you for your help and your patience as well as everyone else who posted here trying to help me get my act together and syncing my Palm Pilot with my new Windows 7 64-bit computer.

I had to put that project on hold for a few days due to other things going on but when I came back to it I was able to get it working.  It took me three trys and a few tense moments but I finally got a USB hot sync to work and it went fine.

@ WyreNut, thanks for posting the old link.  This is exactly what I am thinking about.  My old Desktop was 32-bit WIN 7 and I could do a USB synch fine with no problems but when I bought my laptop it was 64-bit WIN 7 and I had to go the Bluetooth route.  You are right, the Bluetooth is a bit slow but it has always worked and never let me down.

Thanks again to everyone for their help and patience and have a great Holiday.

HP Recommended

That's great news Dave!   🙂

Thanks for reporting back with your success.

Have a great 2013!

WyreNut

HP Recommended

Thanks a million, WyreNut!

I got a new computer with Widows 8 right before Christmas.  I was going crazy until I found your post re: creating the .bat file in notepad.

Prior to that I was unable to "find" my device.

Once I followed these additional instructions, I had no problems updating my driver and hot syncing my Tungsten E2.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.