Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@newdawn wrote:

I just found my old Zire 71 and placed the desktop software on the laptop 64 bit windows7 and of course no HOT SYNC. Just read the other site about this solution and downloaded the ACcea material. Now before I go any further, I had already tried from Palm and read about how 64 do not sync via cable. However, I had already uninstalled everything with Palm Zire 71 even the desktop software. Do I need to reinstall my CDs before going further with the ACCea driver material????? To me it makes since, but for now I must go and hope upon my return in about 30 minutes maybe an answer to carry on with this project. Sure would like to use this investment Zire 71. thanks for your help and quick reply!!!!

Palm Desktop must be installed before running the Aceeca patch.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.successs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally only a little time and effort with alot of perseverence. had to extract file from downloads to desktop and then device manager activated the update and no hotsync via uUSB. THANKS AGAIN

HP Recommended

@newdawn wrote:

Thanks for the reply.successs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally only a little time and effort with alot of perseverence. had to extract file from downloads to desktop and then device manager activated the update and no hotsync via uUSB. THANKS AGAIN

Glad to help!  🙂 

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended

I have a different Palm issue. I have a new win 8 / 64 laptop and want to cradle/usb to hotsynch T3 to new laptop. I have downloaded the aceeca 64bit drivers - and the hot synch works fine - It's the Desktop (4.1.2, 4.1.4, 6.2) etc that will NOT open - it will launch - just not open! Weird. I know it is 32 bit - but how do I get the desktop to launch, open and work - so the hotsych will marry up?

Your can see the device manage in palm is fine

Trying to launch as admin does nada

Compatibility does nada

reboot, uninstall, does nada

HP Recommended

I too am posting a different Palm desktop issue here because it seems like this may be the last known Palm help thread.  Hope that is OK.  My problem could also relate to not having the right drivers.  I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. 

Previously I read about someone running Palm Desktop 4.1, the version that has the color codes, on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with no problem.  They didnt' have to run virtual XP to make it work.  So I upgraded my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit to Windows 7 Utimate 64 bit (this Windows upgrade can easily be accomplished for free:  do a search on google).   Now the color coded Palm Desktop v. 4.1 that I want runs perfect, all except for the alarm manager.  Even though I checked the box under TOOLS, OPTIONS, ALARMS for the alarm manager to  "always be available in the Startup folder", the alarm is only available and working when I have the Palm desktop application open; hence, I miss alarms if I don't have the Palm desktop application open.  Has anyone got any suggestions for keeping the alarm on the desktop open besides checking that box for making sure the alarm manager is always working in the startup folder?  Thank you for your help. 

HP Recommended

Folks, this thread has grown so large that it discourages new users from reading it in its entirety.

I'm going to close it now.  Any new questions about the Aceeca drivers, or using Palm Desktop with 64bit systems should be asked as a new question.

PalmOS rocks!  🙂 

WyreNut

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.