Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (689 Views)

64-bit Windows: Palm Hotsync is SLOW

[ Edited ]

I have Palm Desktop installed on three Windows 7 computers. On the first two my Palm handheld synchronizes very rapidly, but on my new Dell Latitude running the same 64 bit Home Premium Windows 7 it takes 15 minutes and 52 seconds to synch!

Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 6 (669 Views)

Re: 64-bit Windows: Palm Hotsync is SLOW

[ Edited ]

It is recommended that if you sync with multiple desktops, you use only one of them for full 2-way synchronizing, and use the other two to hold "clone" copies of the data.  Otherwise the data can create conflicts and cause problems.  Do this by setting the Hotsync conduits on the "clone" desktops to Handheld Overwrites Desktop.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (638 Views)

That is a crude solution to my problem, but not very convenient. I should mention that the handheld also syncs quite rapidly with the Desktop in my office.

Distinguished Professor
Message 4 of 6 (623 Views)

Not sure what is "crude" about it.  Perhaps if you gave it a try with the desktop that is slow to Hotsync, it might straighten it out.

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (616 Views)

I think that waving a magic wand over it is more likely to work.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor
Message 6 of 6 (601 Views)

K.  You must be right.  Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation