Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 6 (1,574 Views)
Accepted Solution

Exporting SMS text messages from the Treo 680

What options are available to export SMS text messages and call logs from the Treo 680?  I need to create hard copys for evedence in a court case. I back-up files to the Palm Desktop on a Mac OS-X.

I have searched through the Palm guide, but no discussion on extracting the SMS data.  I understand that the sms messages are in the file "Messages Database.pdb" and the call log is in "PhoneCallDB.pdb", question is how to extract the records.

Accepted Solution

Re: Exporting SMS text messages from the Treo 680

Richard-Treo680 wrote:

What options are available to export SMS text messages and call logs from the Treo 680?  I need to create hard copys for evedence in a court case. I back-up files to the Palm Desktop on a Mac OS-X.

I have searched through the Palm guide, but no discussion on extracting the SMS data.  I understand that the sms messages are in the file "Messages Database.pdb" and the call log is in "PhoneCallDB.pdb", question is how to extract the records.

Google is your friend!

http://www.treodesktop.com/

WyreNut

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 6 (1,555 Views)

Richard-Treo680 wrote:

Google is your friend!

http://www.treodesktop.com/

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (1,289 Views)

Resurrecting an old thread and hoping WyreNut or someone else has an answer. After searching all around this forum ... still looking for a viable answer. The text messages from my Palm Treo 680 have been subpoena'd as discovery in a court case but I have not been able to find a way to convert the Messages Database.pdb file to a printable format. I saw this link: http://www.treodesktop.com/ However, that domain is no longer active. I did find a trial copy of their software but it only supports the first 5 messages in your log unless to Paypal to support their research. I was willing to -- but, that domain is no longer active. The trial version does exactly what I need it to do (format is perfect) but I cannot find a full version of that software or anything like it to do the trick. Can anyone else help?
Provost
Message 4 of 6 (1,273 Views)

I think I found it over at Softpedia:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/Treodesktop.shtml

HTH,

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (1,262 Views)

Hey WyreNut,

I tried that one the other day.  When you get to the point to download the file it reverts to the old deactivated website.  Any other ideas or do any of our forum hunters have this program stored and be willing to email me the file?

Tutor
Message 6 of 6 (411 Views)

404 not found at Softpedia (and the bad link reported to them)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation